D6 Online 3.0
TinMan

Brawling & Brawling Parry and Melee Combat & Melee Parry Now one skill each

So how does everyone like that? I noticed that in D6 they have turned 4 skills into 2 Brawling covers both attacking and parrying and Melee Combat also cover the parry end of things.

I like the idea and plan on incorporating it onto my existing campaigns, I never liked the idea of 2 skills in those catagories especially when the Light Sabre boys got away with Light Sabre combat. Other systems I play only use one skill to cover both attacking and defending.

Anyone else like the update or have you had issues?

That is how I do it now as well and I think it works better and makes more sense this way. It is also what we used for Mini Six. The one suggestion I make is when playing in a midieval/fantasy game splitting Melee Combat up into different weapon groups, other than that I love it as is.

None of those four skills has come up very often in my campaigns. I will say that my primary problem is not the offensive/defensive split, but the effective doubling of cost to improve the skills.

Yep, I've been doing it that way for years and it's worked out well.

This topic comes up every now and then here and on the Rancor Pit. I don't see a need for not combining them an epic cinematic space opera reality such as Star Wars. I've been doing that since '88 or '89, and it's worked out well for me too. Perhaps as a minor balancing point, I've made Lightsaber an advanced skill with the melee skill as the primary prerequisite.

This topic comes up every now and then here and on the Rancor Pit. I don't see a need for not combining them an epic cinematic space opera reality such as Star Wars. I've been doing that since '88 or '89, and it's worked out well for me too. Perhaps as a minor balancing point, I've made Lightsaber an advanced skill with the melee skill as the primary prerequisite.

I'm going to try it, I really think it makes more sense if attacking and defending is one skill instead of 2. I have always found it a pain having them seperate. Far to many character points end up being spent in those 2 area's.

If any skill should be made into two I believe Driod Programing and repair should be 2 seperate skills instead of one.

But that being said if we really want to start splitting hairs we would also need to seperate climbing and jumping and probably a couple of others too.

Computer Programming/Repair. I am thinking about making Computer Use, Computer Repair, and Computer Programming- since all are very different.