D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Rerun941

World Building?

Is anyone interested in doing some shared world-building?

Similar to the IP thread, but instead of discussing existing properties, we make up our own. Define the genre, themes, elements, NPCs, equipment, etc. Identify all the "chrome" and any discussion of rules or mechanics gets taken somewhere else...

I'd potentially see a separate thread for each universe or genre where we can share our favorite styles and come up with something original and unique.

Personally, I want to put together a post-apocalyptic setting with a good mix of technology and magic.

Others have mentioned superhero games with certain styles and feels. Heck, let's make one or two! (or a dozen!) I wouldn't even mind if a game publisher used the setting. (I don't need to be paid for my ideas, just give me some credit on the title page.) :)

What do you all think?

Something like this would be really great!

Maybe start a poll to see what genre has the most interest, and then go from there?

Heck, I figure just put up a thread for each genre and let folks contribute to whichever one they like. A little "cross-pollenation" never hurt.

I posted separate threads for Fantasy and Post-Apocalyptic settings... feel free to start up a new thread for any other desired settings. (Superheroes, Pulp, etc.)