D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Lubidius

Mathin Prequel Thread

This will be the thread to track events in Mathin's life for the week/s leading up to the main campaign thread; where all three/four characters will meet.

Janus, I will post a starting blurb before letting you go to town on some prequel posting. I may not be able to get the background blurb up until late Sunday night.

[External View]

Mathin rises near the river's edge. His mind clearing... he pulls the energies around him. The fur on the back of his neck rises, as the energy folds into his plane of existence. He faints, water lapping against his legs.

The first attempts are always hardest......

[First Person View]

Mathin awakes soon after, his legs feel cold, wet... As he goes to lift himself up, his hands dig deep into the grainy shifting ground. He pulls his hands up to reveal elongated claws emanating where his well-groomed nails once lay.

[External View]

"Blessed Ones.. Thanks be.."... he mutters... looking up he glances a whispery apparition in his mind's eye; which quickly dissipates.

Mathin's tail whips in excitement as he slowly but carefully brushes the wet sand from his barely clothed furry mass.

Edited by Lubidius

Mathin looks out over the ocean thinking happily about the designing of his new Aberrant Claw spell. Smiling he turns around to walk back to towards the path that would lead to town. As the wind picks up causing the perceived temperature to lower a moment. He approaches a nearby tree pocking it with a claw from his new aberrant claw spell. A small hole was left in the tree. Mathin smiles again “Ah, this is great!” As he continues down the path to town he dismisses the spell, not wanting to concern anyone.

Mathin shields his eyes, the town bathed in sunlight. He wanders over to his shop, noticing the occasional glance. He can almost hear the whispers figuratively. The villagers were suspicious of Mathin. The male Alchemist has been getting a larger profit margin than most and his methods of acquisition are suspect. Mathin slightly hurried to his store, concerned as to where this silent questioning would lead...

Mathin hears a barking voice boom above and behind. "So... back I see, but light on goods.. I usually see you bringing bags worth of items into the shop!" Mathin looks slowly above and to his rear, the sun's light cascading behind the shadowy blob. "Makes a man wonder where a beast like you can afford such manner of goods?!" The shop owner from across the street slowly comes from behind the glaring star's glow creeking, creeking down a stairway to meet Mathin street level. Sand and hard dirt give way to a rotund man, dressed in purple with gold leafing. Dark skin pocked from a previous disease that unfortunately did not take his wretched life. "Urunen apparently are well off, I guess because vermin have less needs then people.." Alar'nan Julo is a foreign pig of a human, pushed aside from Tsolyani culture, but feeling none-the-less higher then any non-human Urunen such as Mathin was. Mathin could swear he heard a grunt from the puss-filled lips of Alar'nan after he slobbered forth his last gulp of intended air.

Edited by Lubidius
Several typos...

Mathin stiffened slightly at the aggressive tone, then spoke, "Well... friend... the Gods don't bless one everyday with bounty and serendipity. Perhaps you should get a healer to look at your disfigurement, or if you wree to follow me I might have a salve to help a customer such as yourself." Mathin hoped that this being would follow him as to buy, in his case, a rather overpriced potion.

"Bah!.... I don't need your foolish trinkets or poisonous piss bottles..... my beauty is renowned in my homelands!!" <scoffs loudly..> "You are unwanted in these parts... and I'll do everything in my power to get you expelled from the gates of Jakalla, into the very Gulf of Perudana if I have my way!"....

"You stinking puss-ball Alar'nan... Let this man be!" A large Tsolyani sentry moves close to the pedelling pedler, setting his own face uncomfortably close to the side of Alar'nan's face. The sentry makes each syllable ring home with the truthful stare of a raging Chlen!

"Ahhhh Golaji... I didn't mean anything by it... I promise.." spittle spouts from the putrid peddler.

Golaji moves closer still, pushing the peddler with his exposed muscular chest. "Be gone with you... I have business with this man..."

Alar'nan scurries back through his shop's front door, looking back through a window in the door before shutting it with impunity, loudly cursing behind the closed portal.

Golaji spits towards the peddler's door... then stares slowly back to Mathin. "Young furry friend, I have an aching foot, would you have any remedies? My friend Halarsh recommended you."

[OOC: Feel free to also introduce as much flash-back material as you wish from your days in the chilly lands of the Urunen.]

Edited by Lubidius
Typos..

"Yes I think I have just the thing for you Golaji, and thanks for the help." Mathin will lead his new friend into his shop. "Just a moment,"

He find the item after some searching, "Ah, here it is." Mathin will put the remedy on the table and bill it for 75% of the usual cost. "Is there anything else I can help you with? Oh and do you know if there anything particularly bothering that... Human? Perhaps I could whip up a cure for personality defects." He paused for a moment "Sorry, I guess I should talk that way to a, potential customer.."

"Daaaaaaaaaah! ow ow owwwww..." Galaji cries like a whimpering beast... then self-stifles the pain, sweating from brow to chin.. "Ohhhhh, that feels better sir... that feels better. These feet saw better days marching on Yon Karlyani battle lines! At least then you marched in one direction on a level field, and the worst thing that could happen was a Chlen sword in your nethers. Ahhh you are majestic to help me that feels better already." Galaji huffs a few more pouting puffs of pain, then says, "Oh, that puss-bucket Alar'nan is a Salarvyan piss-dog. He sold his own people out for a rusty Kaitar, in a none-so-bold attempt to attain 5th circle in a temple of Hyr'y. His own mother kicked him out of the clan house, naked as the day he was born, huffing and scuffing in the street like a dog. He made his way here to Jakalla, peddling trinkets and potions of lesser quality then yours I must say!" patting Mathin on his furry back. "He does not take well to non-humans from my recollection, and unfortunately your recent reality. He is the corn on the foot of Hry'y (whispering: well, I shouldn't say that too loud or may be struck down where I stand...).. Peace brother, Brumazik lel Changya!. I shall keep an eye out on Alar'nan's shop for you. I do not trust that rusty whore. Wipe him from your mind like dung from your shoe and think of it no more."

After handing you the Kaitars required as payment, he reaches the door and sends a knowing salute back before leaving your shop.

(trans. Brumazik lel Changya! = Goodbye, and Thank You!).

Edited by Lubidius

Mathin spends the next hour tidying his shop, moving mixes of marvelous liquids to and fro. He re-arranges his ornate wooden chairs and tables to make room for a new experiment he just obtained materials for. He hears a loud banding on the door.

Mathin approaches the door-way puts his snout closer; listening for any clues as to the stranger or strangers outside. Though not touching it, Mathin feels the reverberating door through the air as he hears another. <Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang>. "Open up! We know you are in there you stealing beast!"

'looks like I'll need to be peaceful, running would exacerbate the situation' thinks mathin

He takes a deep breath. "Ok, let's just hope they don't attack, huh... people...."

He opens the door, body ready for a fight if their attitude was any indication.

As you open the door, you see 4 town guards, including a less then enthusiastic looking one you just met, Golaji in tow. As you go from flat-footed to combat ready, Golaji quickly pipes in, "Mathin!.....", a look of trepidation on his face while he speaks, "please come with us. You have been charged with stealing goods from several local proprietors. If you do not resist, perhaps our commander will be more lenient and not give you the 'high ride'." Mathin can see in Golaji's eyes his truthfulness of speech.

"grr..." he slightly relaxes "see if you can find proof of this."

It's only because of Golaji's previous service that Mathin gives in so easily...

[i take it I can (or you) roll to make the products less noticeable. [color=Blue]GM Note: I will take that into account. If you wish to attempt a shrouding of those objects, roll against your Conjuration. I am going to treat your character for now based upon the previous Magic rules we had in place. We will later consider Mathin as a Shaman, or non-templebound magic user. The Urunen actually had a very similar system to Tsolyani in regards to magic and temples, but I need to research a little more on how we should treat Mathin magic wise. Until then, we will estimate by base magic skill your intended effect, and as long as it is not too powerful, we'll fudge it for now. [/color] you can reply here with a Conjuration roll or via PM.]

Edited by Lubidius

Mathin waves his furry hand ever so slightly, conjuring energies from the planes beyond. He successfully creates a barrier surrounding the recently "acquired" objects; giving them the effect of invisibility. As he had to quickly bring up this spell, he does not know how long he will be able to hold it without the objects glimmering back into view.

Perspiration soaks the otherwise heat prone furrowed brow of Mathin.

The 'head' gaurd, from his stature and stance, comes close to Mathin, mere inches from his face. "What do we have here?.... what disgraceful race are you beast? I've had pets that look more citizen bound then your lot! Take this beast with us, we will allow those that accuse him to bear witness to his likeness. If more then one can affirm he stole from them, he will be given the High Ride by day break. Golaji, bind the prisoner and walk him to the council chambers near the docks. Unali will assist you. This beast should not be a burden to the two of you broad fellows!" With that, the leader huffs out of Mathin's shop, leaving an air of human stench, and thick villainy floating about the remaining few.

Golaji approaches Mathin... saying in a low voice... "It's best you come along Mathin. I will put in a good word for you. Perhaps you will only become a slave, which I must tell you is better then the High Ride! If it does come to riding the pole, I will request to be the one to do the deed. I will be sure to pierce your heart in the first thrust.", an oddly consoling smile parts his lips; the finality of the statement not sinking in to either of them.

Edited by Lubidius

Sign in to follow this