D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Whill

Official SW 2nd Edition RULES UPGRADES (2E -> 2E Revised & Expanded)

Starting in 1996, this was document that was given out for free by WEG for all of those who owned the original 2E ("blue Vader") and didn't want to buy a new rule book (despite how superior the layout and design of the R&E book was). This was really cool of them to do even though it had been over 4 years since the previous version of 2E had been released (unlike D&D 3.5 only 3 years later).

Looking at eBay etc., the blue Vader 2e book is dirt cheap while the pretty R&E is not so much. I recommend getting R&E (or both if you can afford to), but I thought that we should have the free Rules Upgrades rules posted here somewhere for those who can only afford the 2E book but want the R&E updates to the system.

This is a web version of the document.

Thanks for posting this to make it easier for anyone to get into the game! (I certainly appreciated your help with the update when I got into the game recently, with limited funds to spare...)

You were my inspiration for posting this retriever. I'm glad there is still an inexpensive way available for gamers to get into Star Wars 2E R&E (blue book + this Rules Upgrade)