D6 Online 3.0
Kalzazz

Chat room

I'll be in the chat room for a while as I wait for a storm to pass. Anyone wants to talk D6, feel free to join! Saturday at 1618 hours Mountain Time

I will be in again till the end of the biz day EST. I've noticed that it has been REALLY slow on this site the last few days...

I will be in again till the end of the biz day EST. I've noticed that it has been REALLY slow on this site the last few days...

And will be there again today.

I'll be in the chat room on Saturday, May 29, starting now until the hour grows late and the sandman calls. If you want to chat, stop by

Wow I have to say this place has been fairly slow the last couple of weeks! Is it the warm weather or am I just logging in at the wrong times and missing everyone?

I'll be in and out of the chat room all day today June 10 till 4:45pm EST.

Wow I have to say this place has been fairly slow the last couple of weeks! Is it the warm weather or am I just logging in at the wrong times and missing everyone?

Yep, it seems to be slow. But I've been absent a lot myself with a mini-vacation to SC, a death in the family, my brother from out-of-state coming to stay with me for a while, and me having to provide primary care for my son while his daycare has been closed. A bit strange that it is so barren here now that Eric Gibson has finally opened up D6...

Edited by Whill
typo

I'm gonna hang in the chat room over my lunch break today... (and maybe for a little while longer) stop by if you want to shoot the breeze. :)

Since upgrading to a new version of the forums, it wasn't possible yet to include the old script to show how many people are in chat. I tried to reach out the the designer of the chat software for a solution and they had no answer. I just had a brainstorm and I might be able to try something when I get home later. Fingers crossed as I know it is annoying not having that feature anymore.

Since upgrading to a new version of the forums, it wasn't possible yet to include the old script to show how many people are in chat. I tried to reach out the the designer of the chat software for a solution and they had no answer. I just had a brainstorm and I might be able to try something when I get home later. Fingers crossed as I know it is annoying not having that feature anymore.

Thanks Magman, keep up the good work! I'm sure you'll figure out the problem.

PS - it's a gorgeous day here in Upstate NY and I am totally not motivated to write SAP Test Scripts... so instead I'm gonna hang out in the chat room. Stop on by!

Yeah, I know there's an idicator now, but I figured I'd just let people know I'll be hanging out in the chat room if they want to pop in and chat.

I too go into the chatroom as frequently as I can, always seems to attract very friendly people.

But I think a problem I have with it, is that I'll continue to browse the net with the chat room in the background, and I'll miss out when someone speaks to me... I can't figure out how to get a visual alert from it like I would a stadard IRC room...

So if I ever ignore you, it's not on purpose! :P

I also seem to experience a auto-logoff from the forums after a certain amount of inactivity/idling... And without even closing my browser (or clearing cache/cookies). It doesn't boot me from the chat room when it does this though, at least not apparently from my end.

Yeah, the chat program has an auto log-off feature after a certain period of inactivity. I think Magman boosted it to 2 hours or so. It was at a ridiculous 15 minutes for a while.

As far as it technically not "booting" you, are you saying you can't log back in after it logs you out after a while?

One thing that I do if I know I'm going to be camping on there for a while is make sure my sound is on so I can hear when someone comes on, and I also, about every 15-20 minutes, go and ring the bell in the chat room that way it keeps my account "active" and doesn't log me off.

I'll be sitting in the chat room, along with an "idle" Infinite Possibilities. If anyone wants to pop in there and chat about the D6 magazine or something, I'm ready to chat.

Recently there's been a growing number of "false positives" in the chat room. What I mean by this is that a person logs into the chat room, presumably to chat with anyone that shows up, and then they stop paying attention to the chat room.

Another person notices that the chat room is occupied and goes in to visit. They get an "idle" person that doesn't respond to anyone that shows up. Doesn't respond AT ALL!

Over the past couple of weeks, I've noticed people in the chat room and gone in there to chat. I find one (at one instance I found TWO people) person who is at "idle" status. Now being idle isn't a bad thing, but make the effort to check every couple few minutes to see if anyone shows up. Or better yet, turn up your volume so you can hear when a person logs on to the chat room.

I've posted, I've rang the bell, I've made various noises and I've waited for as long as 10 minutes trying to get "idle" people's attention, to no avail.

So please, if you log on to the chat room, make an effort to check the chat room every 3-5 minutes in case someone shows up. There's no point in being on there, getting people to show up, and then not engaging in chat while in the chat room.

This hasn't happened to just me, either, so it seems to be an increasing issue. As I said, I can understand if a person goes idle. And going idle when there are other people in there chatting with each other is understandable too. But if you're by yourself and you go idle, make an effort to watch (or listen) for when people show up. If you can't do that, or find you're going to be away from your computer for a while, please log off the chat room so others don't go in there expecting a friendly chat and just get silence the entire time.

Thanks.

I just got a new quad core running Windows 7 and now I noticed that the soud FX's don't work in the chat room! Amyone know why?