Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
megadev

State Paths for PPG spells

4 posts in this topic

Has anybody ever gone through Pixaud's Practical Grimoire and figured out the state paths of the spells?

I've been working on a spell design spreadsheet and wanted to use it to make simpler versions of some of the spells. If somebody has already done all of that work, I would hate to duplicate it. I know about the rules for making "common" versions of spells, but like doing things the hard way :)

Rabbitball has rebuilt all the spells published for Torg in an attempt to fix some of the mistakes in Pixaud's. I think he's been holding onto the results in hopes of official recognition, but if you PM him he might be willing to share his work with you.

I'd be very interested in seeing that material if folk are feeling generous enough to share it.

Mox

I'd be very interested in seeing that material if folk are feeling generous enough to share it.

Mox

Just to update the board on what's up:

I finished the spells in December 2009. For every published spell I was able to get a hold of, I rewrote it as if it were a new spell, complete with a state path and comments about how close the spell conforms to spell design rules. Some spells had to undergo major changes as a result of this work. This is the Cosmversal Grimoire, and is currently at 255 pages (without artwork).

Another supplemental rulebook for magic is being done to explain all the changes and provide rules for things that were hinted at but never done. This is currently at 144 pages and rising.

Given the size of this project, it is unwise for me to release it in toto. I do intend to reveal individual pieces when the mood strikes. If there is a specific spell you would like to see, I can probably accommodate.