Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skeloric

I see that I missed very little in my absence

Is there any hope left of ever seeing "TORG2"?   23 members have voted

1. 1. Is there any hope left of ever seeing "TORG2"?

• Certainly, there is always hope.
    • Still somewhat hopeful...
    • "Meh"/ "What's TORG?"/ No Opinion.
    • I'm starting to lose hope.
    • All hope is gone.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

TORG is still quite quite dead.

Its probably just as well that my interest wanes away to nearly nothing these days.

:(

It probably doesn't help that if I run it, I'll use d6, an easier and faster system (and one that I've used since 1987)

Edited by copeab

Not that I'm into TORG, but on another note - Welcome back, Skel! I thought we'd lost ya! Good to see you back on the boards! :D

Not that I'm into TORG, but on another note - Welcome back, Skel! I thought we'd lost ya! Good to see you back on the boards! :D

You did lose me, and likely will lose me again.

Not much discussion happening in the TORg area equals not much point for me to stick around.

:(

Well, hopefully things will sort themselves out at the WEG level, but if not, hope you find a TORG community that appeals to you!

Well, hopefully things will sort themselves out at the WEG level, but if not, hope you find a TORG community that appeals to you!

Its not "ANOTHER" TORG community, its another RPG community.

As in I'm leaving behind TORG altogether at this rate.

Or more like, TORG is dead and its time for me to find an RPG that isn't dead.

Sorry that you feel that way, skel. No game is dead until there is no one playing it.

Star Wars D6 hasn't been published in 12 years, but I play it twice a month. It is not dead. It's classic!

I find it extremely sad that so many people feel something has to be new for it to be good. That's a such a flavor-of-the-month mentality.

Best wishes, skeloric.

It is not dead. It's classic!

I think that you just produced a new motto for the D&D Old School renaissance crowd ...

No game is dead until there is no one playing it.

Indeed, as long as my players have access to a copy* of the rules, I don't care if it was printed yesterday or not since 1975.

* legal copy, of course ;)

I have own the entire line of WEG Star Wars, and have an extra copy of the R&E rulebook. We all have access.

I never had any real hope for a Torg 2.0, so it doesn't bother me if it never happens. I'll still wander my way back to Torg every few years regardless. I don't ever view any game as dead and I certainly don't need new published to keep my interest going.

However if it does happen, I'll certainly buy it...twice.

Skel, there's been a lot of discussioin going on, it's just been about d6 instead of Torg. And that could be a good thing, because Open d6 might be the vehicle for an updated and balanced set of rules to present Torg 2 with. I'm not a big fan of the d6 system myself and so I haven't been a part of that discussion, but at least its moving forward and is available online. So I'm confident that there will be a Torg d6 section in Open d6 that will offer rules for crossing realities and disconnecting, etc. You should contribute to that if you want something to hold your interest for a while.

As for hoping for a shiny printed Torg, with balanced rules and updated cosms and set in the 21st century, I think that hope was lost on a boat from China. Hellsreach is already swamped with other commitments, and now that Open d6 has grown too big for him to sit on, he's going to guard Torg all the more. If I remember correctly, the whole reason he bought WEG was so that he could publish his own version of Torg 2. He might finish it for his grandchildren to play. In the meanwhile, there are Torg GMs out there who have all made their own houserules and alternate realities, so there's already Torg 2s out there. We're babysitting it, and if we're quiet, it's because the baby is sleeping.

Hmm, I think TORG won't become D6 at this point as they will be two separate companies.

But D6 is Open now so it still could be. But I suspect it will not be as well. They will probably use a updated version of the TORG system. "2.0" perhaps afterall.

But D6 is Open now so it still could be. But I suspect it will not be as well. They will probably use a updated version of the TORG system. "2.0" perhaps afterall.

I think it's going to depend a lot on who's buying it. Some companies which might be involved have their own house systems and I strongly suspect that they would release Torg using their house system rather than going to all the extra effort of keeping and updating Torg's original mechanics.

(EDIT) Right after I originally posted this I came across a link to some more info from Eric over at the Wild Die where he does say that it will be up to the new owners if they release Torg with its original system or a new system.

Edited by Kansas Jim

"I am in dealings (the terminal stages) with another company, whose proprietor and come employees are long time fans of Torg and who has the finances and interest to develop Torg as their flagship universe."

I think it quite likely that -- as FANS OF TORG -- they'd want to keep the core of the system as well as the setting.

That being said, if it were a AD&D2.0 to D&D3.0 updating I could see the argument for it being a brand new system.

In any event, the idea of TORG as a "flagship universe," will certainly mean quite a lot of books available as EVERYTHING will be made for TORG.