D6 Online 3.0
Rerun941

Episode I: The Heart of the Beast (IC)

Jorax reacts to the explosion by hanging onto the seat in front of him and says,"What the frag!" When the two people squeeze into the cab he replies to their remark,"That was no lightning strike that was an explosion from a detonated device! The timing between the flash and the explosion was off." He suspiciously looks at the two newcomers. "How did you know if it was lightning when neither one of you reacted or looked up when the explosion hit? Almost like you were expecting it." He looks at Jaster and his 2 employees,"Something doesn't smell right here."

Well ain't you two lucky dispatch had me available just right now... he says casually, to confirm the two are his pick up.

With a more offended tone in his voice he addresses Jorax as he drives away from the commotion. Something doesn't smell right!? Hey! that's no way to welcome new customers! You gotta to make them feel appreciated, you know.Ignoring Jorax's suspicious comments, Jaster enters a less busy street. He turns left then right and mentally make a course to avoid the main arteries. Granny Melodia , Kid, this is Captain Jorax and his crew. I'm Jaster, at your service. Any choice regarding your final destination?

Edited by obidancer

Vinecent looks over at the falling debre. he then glances over at the cab driver as he speaks with a hint of fear in his tone. "so what just happend " he says as he pulls out one of his 2 knives just in case. he then look's over back out the window to notice falling debre " Well somone doesn't like the communicatoons. "

(per 3d.(4+6+3=13

Tosh leans over to take in the wreckage outside, and to speak softly to the pilot.

"You're right," he says. "It does seem a bit coincidental..."

(Perception roll [3D+2], for whatever it still might be worth: 5+6+1+2=14)

Melodia glances at Jorax, "whatever are you talking about, sonny? All that time out in space must've turned you into a Krilhead for you to not know a thunderstorm when you see one. I've been through so many, they don't even phase me..."

Her companion interrupts, "I'm sorry, you'll have to forgive my great aunt, she just received some bad news from off-world and isn't herself today." He gently pats her hand and turns to the driver. "Jaster, is it? Sir, I think we could use a drink to calm our nerves from all this excitement..."

He glimpses Vincent's brandished knives and tenses up a bit, "there's no need for those, we're certainly no danger to you. We're just passengers in need of a ride, same as you. My name's Kentir." He reaches over the front seat and offers his hand to everyone in the back.

At the Glowing Star, a few tense seconds pass, everyone's staring at the blank vidscreen when it comes back on. This time, the symbol of the Empire is flanked by text: "Technical difficulties... please stand by." Without a word, all of the patrons except Shaymus down their drinks, grab their coats and head towards the door. Vike turns to Rashk and Ral, still at the bar, nursing their upset bellies. "You fellas got a place to stay? If not, you're welcome to crash upstairs. The Blackheads and White Wonders will probably be patrolling the streets soon. Being Tozzed in public will likely get you arrested... or worse."

Edited by Rerun941

Jorax suspiciously shakes Kentir's hand. He feels thier is somethign going on here and let it be know. So he will back off and see how it plays out. He says,"Captain Jorax of the Star Treader. This is my crew motioning to the others."

Rashk looks at Ral, then back at Vike. "I don't think we have anywhere to stay yet. We came straight here from the starport. I appreciate the offer; how much would I owe you for the safe haven? And could I order another of those hangover remedies? The flavor has started to grow on me."

Tosh also reaches out to shake Kentir's hand.

"Tosh Roodi," he says. "Investigating business opportunities here. Might I ask what sort of work you are in?"

That was a good question. Ral plays with his empty glass momentarily while watching the people flee the bar.

"With all the pedestrian traffic we prrobably won't be able to get a cab. It shouldn't be safe for us to wander, at least I know it's not safe for me." after a moments pause "However I do agrree with my friend's question."

Vincent looks over at kendir " o sorry this wasn't meant for ya just a reflex: he says with a smile on his face as he puts it away. He then reaches out to give a handshake "names Vincent the bounty hunter" he then looks at Captain jorax and says" little from what i know of this place it would be a good move to get to a safe haven or somthing cause we all know thats going to piss them off!" he then leans his head on the window to stare out some more.

As long as we stay inside, I doubt they will bother us too much. Vike has some quarters above his bar, maybe I can convince him to offer you hospitality, and you guys will get your refreshments. I would have offer you my place but it's on the opposite side of the city and getting there would mean more chances of control, and who know what.

So unless you still want to find yourself a den near the Imperial controlled spaceport, Captain Jorax, how about going back to where we're coming from. For the evening at least? Consider that a free ride for see-sighting.

Kentir shakes Tosh and Jorax's hands firmly. "Nice to meet you, though, I wish it were under better circumstances. As to your question, Mr. Roodi, Tekar is our home. I'm an accountant at Imperial Mining and my Great Aunt... well, she's just that... 'great'" Melodia beams a little at the flattery. "Such a nice boy, my brother would be proud of his grandson."

"Vike? Over at the Glowing Star?" Kentir continues, "that sounds fine." The cab manuevers through the side streets and can hear the sirens passing in the opposite direction towards the Comm Center. After a minute of awkward silence, Kentir attempts to break the ice. "So, uh, Captain Jorax, what kind of cargos do you usually haul? What brought you to Derilyn?"

---

Vike nods and agrees with Rashk and Ral's assessment. "Lemme just go clean up a bit upstairs for ya, and I'll be back in a minute."

Shaymus is sprawled across a bench in the corner, snoring loudly.

Vincent glances over and nodes " sounds good to me" he says as he leans back over to the window to sight see some more even tho now all there is is people rushing to where ever they need to go the walls of closing shops and the occasional 'thugs' so to speak he then looks over at the cab driver and says "so how long u been a cab driver? you like it so far?"

As to your question, Mr. Roodi, Tekar is our home. I'm an accountant at Imperial Mining and my Great Aunt... well, she's just that... 'great'

"An accountant...hrm..."

Tosh thinks for a moment.

"I think the Glowing Star would be a suitable place to rest tonight. Perhaps your further business plans could be discussed a bit more, Captain?"

It takes a second for Jaster to realize the guy named Vincent was actually talking to him. He's thinking the new customers would be a better subject of conversation but, why not?

Keeping his eyes on the road, and making sure nobody would be following, Jaster answers:

Quite some time now. Enough to know the city and it's shortcuts, and the spots to avoid, by any means. If I like it? Well it has its moment, and it's much better than becoming a Rock Chewer.

Vincent starts laughing as the thought of a rock chewer was pretty funny he then turns and looks at his new found captain "so quick question skipper can i be cheif of security on your ship asuming you feel im fit for it after some time?" he says with a smile on his face