Rerun941

Out of Character (OOC) Chat

177 posts in this topic

I've got the "Opening Crawl" posted. Please don't post into the IC thread until everyone has their character sheet up and I finish with the rest of the intro.

I have to set up a photobucket account to host pictures, so bear with me.

Thanks for your patience.

I will hopefully have my character up today it may take a bit since I am work though.

red

To confirm the Wild Die rules you are using are:

6= added re-role of Wild Die

1= Deducted re-role of Wild Die

To confirm the Wild Die rules you are using are:

6= added re-role of Wild Die

1= Deducted re-role of Wild Die

Ah, very good question. 6s work exactly as you said. Re-roll and add.

If you roll a 1, roll the Wild Die again:

1 = subtract the 1 and the highest die.

2-5 = no special failure, add the dice normally

6 = complication, add dice normally, but something ELSE might happen

I will hopefully have my character up today it may take a bit since I am work though.

red

My plan is to finish the intro at lunch today... just waiting on your character sheet, red

There is time between the announcement by the Capt. and the Customs right? So there would still be time for conversation? (heh... should of asked earlier before I posted, I'll remember timing questions for next time)

There is time between the announcement by the Capt. and the Customs right? So there would still be time for conversation? (heh... should of asked earlier before I posted, I'll remember timing questions for next time)

Most definitely! You're free to converse with each other, or head to the cockpit to speak with the Captain in person. There's plenty of time.

Title_Screen.jpg

(Big thanks to Lee Torres for the image!)

Nice! I love it. "Star Wars" with an edge. Great job, Lee.

Player banter goes here. :)

Here's mine -

bantha.jpg

What?

Banter! Oh... that's completely different... :o

Nice! I love it. "Star Wars" with an edge. Great job, Lee.

Agreed! The title's awesome! All the images are setting the mood nicely, actually.

Would Persuasion work, instead of Con? Rashk is one of those sincere types that convinces people of things even if they're untrue and he knows it. Bothan, you know...

Would Persuasion work, instead of Con? Rashk is one of those sincere types that convinces people of things even if they're untrue and he knows it. Bothan, you know...

By my read on the Persuasion skill, it's more to get someone to go along with you. To plead your case. In this instance, Rashk is attempting to mask his true reasons for being on Derilyn. While there is an element to truth about what he says, he is still trying to trick/deceive everyone else of his true intentions.

If Rashk were trying to get Tosh to come along with him and Rashk is asking for help with his grandfather's last wishes. It would be a Persuasion roll at one difficulty level higher due to the low-level con.

At it is, it's a Con, but I'll be lowering the difficulty of the Con for Rashk since he has elements of truth in his statements. (But he's actively attempting to hold back information and not give too much away.)

Sound fair?

No worries on rerolls or retcons - I think Rashk decided to take a chance on Voidstar in any case, agitated or no. To borrow the Rodian's phrasing, sometimes us furballs gotta stick together!

I wanna say that Hide can be used for Camouflage [due to a speciality of the same name], but that's the only way to use the skill to hide one's self.

Checked the 2nd Ed. R&E, and the boss is right - "The skill is used when trying to hide weapons on one's person, conceal goods within luggage, plant objects to be left in a room and other similar tasks." So my situation was literally a textbook case!

Sneak would be "the character's ability to move silently, hide from view, move in shadows and otherwise creep around without being noticed."

Edited by Lee Torres

I had to check myself before I answered your question, Lee. Sometimes I have to stop, go back and read the actual rules to remind myself what they are. Too often, us old timers THINK we know a rule or have played it a certain way for so long, that it's a surprise when we go back and read what it actually says. hehehe

True, true. Been a while since I've played SW, and then it was running a "Tales of the Jedi" era campaign - not too much hiding and sneaking in that one. Young Jedi at war need not these things!

\sw\

Still, it's good to dig into the old books again... Had a copy of D6 Space and the various 'Verse-related books on the table so long I'd been lax in keeping the old flame alight. :D

Edited by Lee Torres

I had to check myself before I answered your question, Lee. Sometimes I have to stop, go back and read the actual rules to remind myself what they are. Too often, us old timers THINK we know a rule or have played it a certain way for so long, that it's a surprise when we go back and read what it actually says. hehehe

I'm having that problem in the Star Wars R&E game I'm playing in now. I'm defaulting to the wrong attributes and such, and have to be reminded that we are not playing my version of the rules. In this particular case I've re-married Hide to Sneak so hiding one's self or objects is the same skill (like back in 1E).

Checked the 2nd Ed. R&E, and... my situation was literally a textbook case!

Only here could I ever see the R&E book being referred to as a textbook. I love this place! :)

OK, great start to a game. Carry on, men.