D6 Online 3.0
Rerun941

New Star Wars pbp game interest

Hey folks!

With my hopes of a face-to-face Star Wars game dwindling rapidly, as well as the other games here losing steam. I would like to start up a new Star Wars pbp game.

The only requirement I have is that you be willing to post regularly (3+ times per week) and stay for the long haul. I have every intention of running this game for months, if not years into the future. If you can subscribe to this (barring major life events, of course), please state your interest.

Here are my thoughts on the campaign: "The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers." -Princess Leia

Time: approximately halfway between RotS and ANH (9 years BBY)

Location: Elrood Sector. 1 year ago, two Victory-class Star Destroyers put down an uprising against the New Order on Derilyn (The 60 Hour War). So far, it's been enough to squash any major resistance.

Style: You are in charge! There is no Rebel Alliance (yet) there are separate rebellions (small r) and uprisings beginning around the galaxy. You can choose to make a few credits, help the fledgling rebelious activities, take charge of the Elrood sector insurgency, or anything else you can think of.

Characters: Play a Native 'Rood or an Unlucky (folks stuck in Elrood sector for whatever reason). You are highly encouraged to have a grudge against the Empire (or worse), but it's not required. Maximum Force ability is Force Sensitive.

May the Force be with you!

Rerun

PS - You are welcome to read Planets of the Galaxy Vol III and/or Operation: Elrood to get the feel for the sector, but bear in mind that some things will be different.

Edited by Rerun941

I'm game! I'll have to peruse the various species options, but am thinking a slicer might be fun.

Darren

A slicer would be excellent.

As to species... some of the prevalent species in Elrood sector include:

Bothans

Coynites (Native to Elrood sector)

Gamorreans

Orfite (Native)

Meri (Native)

Rodians

Sluissi

Sullustans

Teltior (Native)

Twi'leks

Most any species that resides along the Rimma Trade Route are acceptable

*bump*

So far, I have two players interested in the game. If we get a third, I will kick off the game in about a week. If not, we'll wait just a bit longer.

Based on the first two PCs that have been suggested, this is going to be a "cloak and dagger" type game. I'm going to give it a "French Resistance during WWII" feel. (At least I'm going to try!) :D

So come on in and join... Star Wars: Elrood Entanglements

I would love to take part in this. Only problem is...I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I don't actually own any Star Wars D6 rules except for a couple of the Miniatures Battles books. I do know the universe reasonably well, and could certainly research details on the setting as needed. Could I get by using D6 Space? I can avoid Force-wrangling and keep my character universally space operatic if that'll help keep me on track with the stuff I know.

I would love to take part in this. Only problem is...I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I don't actually own any Star Wars D6 rules except for a couple of the Miniatures Battles books. I do know the universe reasonably well, and could certainly research details on the setting as needed. Could I get by using D6 Space? I can avoid Force-wrangling and keep my character universally space operatic if that'll help keep me on track with the stuff I know.

Welcome, retriever! and I'm sure we can figure something out. For the moment, just think of what kind of character you'd like to play and his/her personality and we can go from there. We currently have a Bothan Spy and a Falleen Slicer in the works. If you'd like some advice/suggestions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Right now I'm assigning skills, but I've given him a name - Rashk Arr'lya. He's a Bothan using the Imperial Intelligence Agent template from Jamfke's "The Templates Collection R&E" on page 81... I figured with the dirty Imperial part scoured off, that one worked well...

Edited by Lee Torres
Wrong page!

Looks like the crew's picking up! For what's it's worth, I'd like to play a shady Rodian merchant...a former bounty hunter who realized his lifestyle would eventually put him in the wrong place at the wrong time (like, say, the hot end of a blaster in some seedy desert bar). Hopefully, it won't be too much a stretch to work him in with the others.

Rerun, I'll PM you some more specific details soon. If anyone has thoughts on templates I should take a look at (keeping in mind, I don't own the SW D6 RPG books...), please let me know!

Mind another person? If the slots aren't All filled up I'll PM you my bio.

I don't mind... and I think you'll be the last player for the game... I think we've got enough of a crew.

Looks like the crew's picking up! For what's it's worth, I'd like to play a shady Rodian merchant...a former bounty hunter who realized his lifestyle would eventually put him in the wrong place at the wrong time (like, say, the hot end of a blaster in some seedy desert bar). Hopefully, it won't be too much a stretch to work him in with the others.

Rerun, I'll PM you some more specific details soon. If anyone has thoughts on templates I should take a look at (keeping in mind, I don't own the SW D6 RPG books...), please let me know!

Check out the Arms Merchant template (the species listed is Rodian). That might be right up your alley!

I sent you a PM, too. Try the link in there.

Ok, to all players: I have requested the creation of the game sub-forum.

Please work on your characters this weekend and PM to me, I would like to get the game kicked off early next week.

Character Creation notes:

Starting attributes: species template +6D (note: Falleen & Coynites have a species template with 13D)

Starting Skill Dice: 9D (no more than 2D above the attribute)

No Parry skills. Use Melee Combat and Brawling to attack AND defend.

Martial Arts (A) is an advanced skill under Brawling and requires Brawling 5D.

We'll use the following optional rule from Rules of Engagement:

For every 5 points the attack roll exceeds the target difficulty, add 1 to the damage roll. (e.g. rolled 25 to hit and defender rolled 15 to dodge. add +2 to the damage roll)

Any questions?

Does that mean when the technique under martial has you make a martial arts roll to use the Tech you roll Brawling + Martial Arts or just the (A) Martial Arts (usually at 1D start off)?

Just the Martial Arts (A) skill

Any chance you're still welcoming more players? I know I'm a bit late to the party, so if it's not possible - that's cool.

The game is on "semi-hiatus" at the moment while I'm involved in a fairly intense IT project at work. Obidancer has offered to nurse the game along until October-ish until RL ™ slows down for me a bit.