Grimace

Into the Unknown: In Character - 'Here there be demons'

94 posts in this topic

"Why sure Drake"

 

Gilea gets up and moves to his side, then turns and indicates a cased rifle and a bag at the table, "Can you have one of your servants take my things to the ship?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kadir is mildly offended, "There are no servants here madam, only crewmen and officers."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daster says to Drake with a smile, "Well, I don't have have 1000 credits or I wouldn't be looking for work. I could sell her I suppose, or we could stash her in your cargo hold until we come up with a docking clamp. She won't take up much room"

 

He turns to Gilea and says, "Kadir is right, princess, no servants here, just partners. I can carry you things for you if you ask nicely..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keenac snickers, but offers up his help. "I'll get your bags, Gilea. You've gotten me this far, it's the least I can do for you." The large feline loads up with gear and takes position behind the pair of humans as they walk, keeping an eye out for trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The group heads back out of the cantina after Drake squares up the tab with the bartender for the other drinks.

 

((Once back out on the street, all of you can roll Perception))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh . . sorry . . . I didn't mean to imply you were" Gilea smiles apologetically at Daster and Kadir

 

"Thanks Keenac!"

 

Gilea goes with Drake, taking his arm (taking his right arm so that she can reach her own blaster if need be)

 

((Dice is 13, 4 on the wild, 5,1,3 on the others))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The group heads back out of the cantina after Drake squares up the tab with the bartender for the other drinks.

 

((Once back out on the street, all of you can roll Perception))

 

rolled 20

2, 6, 5, 6 ans 1 (rolled 6 on the wild die)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the five of you all clear the cantina, you all notice a decide lack of any people around on the street. Granted, there wasn't many when you went in to the cantina, but now there's absolutely no one left on the side street. Even the main street, about 300 meters away, seems decidedly devoid of any foot traffic.

 

Gilea, you're certain you caught a glimpse of a figure ducking back around a corner a couple buildings away. Whoever it was, they're trying to stay unseen. Only the motion caught your eye.

 

Daster, you notice a shape tucked into the opening of a building's entrance just ahead of you and to the left. Someone's pointing a weapon your way.

 

Drake, you spot the shapes of two individuals on the rooftop across the way from the cantina. There's a small stone ledge that the figures are laying down behind, and only fractions of them can be seen.

 

Keenac and Kadir, you two don't see anyone, but you do note the complete absence of people. Only the crunch of your feet on the dirt road make any sound, it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kadir tries to spot any good places to take cover, if the area is deserted there is a good chance it is because something bad is about to happen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keenac and Kadir, you two don't see anyone, but you do note the complete absence of people. Only the crunch of your feet on the dirt road make any sound, it seems.

 

Keenac wonders aloud, "Is it normally this quiet on this planet?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh, maybe we should take another route? This one seems very unpopular"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Faster tries to push gilea into cover and shouts "ambush" as he pulls his blaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kadir pulls out his blaster and tries to look around for the assailants, diving behind what he thinks is cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faster tries to push gilea into cover and shouts "ambush" as he pulls his blaster

 

Drake sighs, grab's Gill's arm and heads back into the cantina draws his his heavy blaster and shouts.....

 

"Time to prove how good you you are with a blaster, love...."

 

Dodge Roll: 17

 

(3, 6, 5, 3 on wild die)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drake gets his blaster out, grabs hold of Gilea and turns to head back the dozen steps towards the cantina. A few steps shy of the doorway, the "hidden" figures start to pop up and aim their weapons. A voice shouts out from the ambushers, obviously communicating to the other attackers, "Don't kill the captain, we want him alive!"

 

In your field of vision, you spot three seperate attackers with blasters. Two on the rooftop across the street from you, almost right in line withe the cantina's doorway, and one on the ground, coming around the corner of the nearest building, a blaster pistol in hand.

 

Daster, you see the threat and reach for Gilea to get her back behind the only cover there is...your own body. Only the inside of the cantina a dozen steps back, will provide any cover from the attackers. The thug in the doorway, two buildings down, pops out, still crouching, and aims his blaster. Three more thugs down the street, including the two fellows you spooked off earlier, come barreling out from a bulding's doorway and into the street. You also notice a man with a blaster rifle across the street, taking aim from around the corner of a building. Many targets!

 

Gilea, you find yourself being pulled and pushed back towards the cantina. Both Drake and Daster seem to be trying to protect you, but the only thing they're managing so far is to impede any shots you may have had. Out of the corner of your eyes you see targets begin to appear....at least 3 or 4. But as it is, Daster is shielding you from making any clear shots and Drake is still pulling you in a hurried manner back towards the cantina as he pulls out his blaster and says to you "Time to prove how good you you are with a blaster, love...."

 

Keenac, you spot the attackers over on the roof across from the cantina, as well as the trio down the street towards the main avenue. You get the distinct feeling that there's others as well. Threats that you haven't identified yet. Shouts of "ambush!" and then one about "taking the captain alive" bring you to the realization that the quiet of the place is about the erupt into violence.

 

Kadir, you get your blaster free and have covered most of the distance back to the cantina doorway when the first blaster shots start to zip across the dirt road towards your group. Thankfully it seems that none are focused on you. At least at the moment...

 

((Actions please. Order will go by how I listed the PCs. Drake, Daster, Gilea, Keenac and Kadir, but you can post in any order, I'll just wait until I get people's actions to resolve them in the order they belong))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my turn I will drop to one knee and fire at the sniper with the blaster rifle.

((13 on the Blaster roll))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kadir finishes taking cover in the door and then speeds a blaster shot at the first person whose shot he sees speeding towards the party.

 

Blaster Attack: 4+10=14 (note: I list the Wild Die first separately)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Drake and Daster both trying to get in the way and push her toward cover Gilea decides this is as good as plan as any and heads toward the doorway, trying to draw her blaster as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keenac hears the shouts and drops Gilea's gear. Crouching low, his fur ripples as the muslces underneath tense, ready to pounce. Keenac bounds towards the nearest enemy that isn't on a rooftop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drake takes Gill in the Cantina finds empty (hopefully stury) metal tabl to turn over and get behind, pushing it against a wall near a window to shoot out of to lend cover fire to the others. he looks from hind his cover for attackers.

 

Perception: Roled 29

 

6,4, 3, 6 (on wild die), 6 (nother 6 on wild die), 4

Edited by Falcon79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drake you pull on Gilea and get her back inside the cantina. The closest table, not counting the booths, is another 3 meters inside the cantina and it's a small, circular wooden table. Over by the windows, in the booths, there are square, larger wooden tables but they are bolted to the floor so they cannot be flipped over for cover as you tug on them. You hear the voice of the barkeep bark out "What do you think you're doing?!"

As you struggle to try to tip over a booth table near a window, you continue to look outside and see what goes on.

 

Daster, you drop to one knee and take a bead on the thug with the blaster rifle and squeeze a shot off. The bolt slams into the corner of the stone building right near the thugs face, sending a shower of stone fragments and partial blaster impact right into the man's face ((roll damage for your blaster please)). Blaster bolts zip around the open road area where you are. Two shots come perilously close to you, impacting the ground near you and zipping by your head.

 

Gilea, you're inside the door of the cantina, about two steps in. Drake is busy tugging on booth tables and somewhat frantically trying to look out the window for attacks. You've got your blaster out, and the doorway could provide you some ample cover, at least for a little bit. One red blaster bolt slams into the ground right outside the doorway, emphasising that going back out would be a dangerous venture.

 

Keenac, you drop the gear you were carrying and crouch low, narrowly being missed by a shot from the rooftops at you. The nearest thug to you is a short distance away, and is crouched in a doorway with his blaster ready. You rush for him, as you're sure you can reach him in time. As you cover the distance in powerful lunges and leap for him, you see both fear and determination in his eyes as he aims his blaster pistol at you. ((Roll Brawling to hit))

 

Kadir, you hustle back towards the doorway of the cantina. Two blaster bolts streak by, missing you. You make it to the doorway, turn and see a blaster bolt come from the rooftop across the street and narrowly miss Daster. You fire up at the thugs hiding up there, striking the lip of the stone building and sending up a shower of stone fragments that dribble down on top of the thugs and also onto the street below. You're pretty sure you didn't hit them, but you did keep their heads down.

 

The three thugs that came out from behind cover all ready their weapons. There's only two that can see them at this time, and those are Keenac and Daster. There's a single thug about to be in the grasp of Keenac about 5 meters from Daster, and two thugs still atop the building across the street from the cantina. Daster is kneeling about 2 meters from the cantina doorway. Keenac is about five meters to Daster's left, about to tackle a thug. Kadir is just inside the doorway of the cantina, but not actually inside the cantina. Gilea is inside the cantina, near the doorway. Drake is further inside the cantina, to the right of Gilea, trying to turn over a wooden table that's bolted to the floor. ((Actions please))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hvy blaster pistol dmg 14,

daster will dive and roll back toward the cantina doorway, and fire at one of the thugs that came out of cover.

(multi action dodge and blaster. Should I roll for those or do you want to Grimace?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites