Jump to content
D6 Online 3.0
Grimace

Into the Unknown: In Character - 'Here there be demons'

Recommended Posts

AlanDG2    10

Kadir replies, "Greetings Gilea. That is, I suppose, why working in groups is better than working alone, since no single person can know everything that might be needed."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nerdron    10

 

The two of them whirl around, a look of shocked surprised intially on their face. The one with the comlink is the first to recoop from the surprise you gave them. "We're not who you think. Move along out of here." He tries to wave you off but makes no overt action to actually discourage you from coming closer if you desire.

 

The other one goes from shocked to puzzled as he tries to sort out who you are. He looks to his partner and says "Do we know him?" You can tell from the tone in his voice that he is at odds over whether you are friend or stranger.

 

Daster says " I just want to get your attention," keeping his hand near his blaster. I see your trailing those nerfs, and I don't like it. Find someone else to get the drop on. He then makes a shooing motion toward them with his other hand.

 

((Let me know if I need to make a con roll))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Falcon79    10

Drakes finally says...

 

"Well we have some crew, just not enough....., wait here...

 

Drake then goes to the barkeep orders a correlian whisky and says...

 

"Hello, where is a good place around this world to find crewers for a voyage into the unknown?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimace    14

The barkeep looks quizzically over at Drake, casually prepares the correllian whiskey for the young man, and then pushes it across the counter to him. "Really depends on what types o' people you want on your crew. Also depends on how much loot you promise them."

 

He looks at your attire for a moment and then continues. "Most times you can catch people combing the pads looking for any ship that sits ready but doesn't lift. Means they want something so you'll get people askin'."

 

The barkeep starts to wipe at the counter as some unseen spot. "And then if you want some of the more...colorful characters... you head down the main strip and go to the Black Spot. That's where you'll find all sorts of things. Includin' trouble if you're not careful."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimace    14
Daster says " I just want to get your attention," keeping his hand near his blaster. I see your trailing those nerfs, and I don't like it. Find someone else to get the drop on. He then makes a shooing motion toward them with his other hand.

 

((Let me know if I need to make a con roll))

 

Both the the men look alarmed at your words and then your action.

The one with the comlink sneers at you and says, "You're asking for trouble, mister."

 

But the other guy says, "C'mon, let's go," and tries to push the other guy futher away.

 

The grumpy guy begrudingly is pushed further away from you by his partner. You watch as they move into the street and then start heading back the way they had come. "Grumpy" keeps looking back, his face completely unimpressed with you and you can tell in his eyes that you're not done with him on this planet.

 

((What now?))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimace    14

Kadir, while Drake is up at the bar, you're left with Gilea and Keenac. What are you going to do? Are you just going to let an awkward silence overtake the three of you?

 

Gilea....Keenac, you both see Drake go up to the bar and you hear as he makes his request for a location of more crew. You can also hear the barkeep's response. Both of you can make Perception rolls....and let me know what you're doing while Drake's chatting with the barkeep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rerun941    12

Keenac nods at Kadir. "Keenac's the name. You already hired on as crew? What do you make of the Captain over there?" The feline motions towards the bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nerdron    10
Both the the men look alarmed at your words and then your action.

The one with the comlink sneers at you and says, "You're asking for trouble, mister."

 

But the other guy says, "C'mon, let's go," and tries to push the other guy futher away.

 

The grumpy guy begrudingly is pushed further away from you by his partner. You watch as they move into the street and then start heading back the way they had come. "Grumpy" keeps looking back, his face completely unimpressed with you and you can tell in his eyes that you're not done with him on this planet.

 

((What now?))

 

i will head over to the see what those two thought was so interesting about that group in the cantina.

 

i will walk inside and sit near enough to overhear their conversation, if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimace    14
i will head over to the see what those two thought was so interesting about that group in the cantina.

 

i will walk inside and sit near enough to overhear their conversation, if possible.

 

A quick look at the cantina shows you that there's three individuals sitting in what appears to be a corner booth, visible through the window. You can barely make out the blue skin of the Duros that you saw earlier sitting inside. The other two you don't recognize. Some hairy alien and a smaller human, probably female.

 

You make your way towards the cantina and then inside. The ship's captain is at the central bar area, talking to the barkeep. A pair of guys sit at a circular table towards the right. There are half a dozen other empty tables in that area. To the left, in the corner booth, sits three people. The Duros, a female human, and a felinoid race ((roll Alien Species - Knowledge)). There are four or five other booths nearby, easily within earshot of the group in the corner.

 

((Do you sit closer or further from them? Closer or further from the entrance? Facing the group or facing the entrance?..they are opposite directions))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimace    14

Gilea, from where you sit you notice some strange behavior from some people outside and down the street...barely visible from where you sit. Two figures seem to react strangely to a third and then beat a retreat from the area. The lone figure then went out of view for a bit. Shortly afterwards, a lone man came into the cantina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalzazz    10

Gilea watches the odd meeting and wonders what was up, then looks at the new entrant a bit curiously wondering if its related, that, and she already knows about Drake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nerdron    10

 

((Do you sit closer or further from them? Closer or further from the entrance? Facing the group or facing the entrance?..they are opposite directions))

Alien Species roll is a 12, i will sit close to the Duros's group, facing toward the door, if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimace    14

Daster, you sit down, your back to the group, two booths away. It's close enough you can hear what they're saying, but not too close to raise attention. You think you've seen that type of feline race before. You can't remember their name, but you do remember that their quick and rather formidable.

 

Gilea, you see the man come in and take a seat two booths away. He seems to barely even pay attention to anyone in the place. What brought him in here, you don't know, but he doesn't seem to be looking for anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalzazz    10

((On behalf of Falcon, he IMed me to say he wasnt being able to access the forum, it keeps timing out for him))

 

"Hmmm... Thanks... tosses the barkeep a couple of creds... you've been a help." Drake then says to the others... "Okay we've got the core crew, let's head to this.... black spot... to find some general spacers and some specialists...."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nerdron    10

 

"Hmmm... Thanks... tosses the barkeep a couple of creds... you've been a help." Drake then says to the others... "Okay we've got the core crew, let's head to this.... black spot... to find some general spacers and some specialists...."

Daster stands up and slowly approaches the group, big, friendly smile on his face.

"Sorry to eavesdrop, but it sounds like you are looking for crew? The names Daster, and I was looking for a ship. I think this is a happy coincidence for both of us, yes?'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Falcon79    10
Daster stands up and slowly approaches the group, big, friendly smile on his face.

"Sorry to eavesdrop, but it sounds like you are looking for crew? The names Daster, and I was looking for a ship. I think this is a happy coincidence for both of us, yes?'

 

 

 

Drake raises an eyebrow and says....

 

"Alright, Mr. Daster what are your specialties?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimace    14

((Gilea and Keena, Perception rolls please.

And do either of you want to say anything about the sudden introduction of this unknown person?))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nerdron    10
Drake raises an eyebrow and says....

 

"Alright, Mr. Daster what are your specialties?"

 

"I spent ten years as a scout for the Darasi Corp. I know how to do a bit of everything, no real speciality. I can fly, I can shoot, and can run shields and sensors, but I am best with both feet on the ground.

 

I know a lot about people of all shapes and sizes, and I have never been kicked out of bed for eating crackers," Daster says with a wink.

 

I have my own ship, a small scout vessel, but if you don't have room aboard yours I will have to sell or store her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rerun941    12
((Gilea and Keena, Perception rolls please.

And do either of you want to say anything about the sudden introduction of this unknown person?))

 

((Perception roll: 3, 5, 4 = 12))

((Don't really have much to say, Keenac had asked a couple of questions and never got a response.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Falcon79    10
"Oh! Thats an important question, so, what type of ship are we signing up for anyway?"

 

"She's a old Clone Wars vintage Consular-Class Cruiser, a Charger a c70 refit... Her name is the Cobalt Blue...." we can carry your ship piggyback if you have 1,000 creds to spare to pool with me to mount a docking clamp on her to carry your ship..... We can use a shuttle I think. Care to take my arm Gil while we head for this spot? If you wish to speak more about it we'll be happy if you accompanied us, Daster..."

Edited by Falcon79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×