Grimace

Into the Unknown: Out of Character

38 posts in this topic

Roll the appropriate dice, add any appropriate pips, and decide if you want to announce that as your total. If you decide it's not high enough and you want to use character points, roll the extra dice (if you've got the CPs) and tell me that CPs were used and what the final total is.

If you want to use a Force Point, apply it before rolling and then announce that you're using a Force Point and what the total dice rolled and the total sum of the dice is.

After you announce your total amount rolled, I will then state what the results of the roll is.

A couple questions.

With taldec being a Wookiee I assume he will need a translator. I assume that Jez has been around me enough to understand Wookiee. So when Taldec says something do I need to PM Jedigamer and get him to translate or can I just post Taldec's comments and it is just understood that Jez is translating?

A rules question: if Taldec wants to punch someone then I roll the strength-based brawling skill for attack and the strength code for damage. If Taldec attackes with a knife (for example) the the attack roll is with the dexerity-based melee combat skill. Is this correct?

I will give Jez the ability to translate for you, basically for free as it's inherent in your connection with the character. As far as translation, when your character is "speaking", please originally post in Wookiee speak. If the Jez character is in the same room, PM him an and he can do the translation from his character's perspective. If another character is there and Jez isn't, it'll be a Language roll to understand you. Then, depending on what they get, I'll let you know how much you can put in translated speak. Eventually, once people get familiar with your speech and make enough language rolls, we'll be abl to forego the translation and you will be able to "talk" normally. But that will take a bit and be variable depending on the character.

As for the rules question, you have it right. Brawling is Strength and uses the Strength attribute. Pull out a knife to use and it takes Dexterity to hit using Melee combat.

Falcon, Kalzazz and everyone else at or near the cantina...unless you post something else, I'm going to assume the two outside are going to go inside. So this is your chance to do anything else before you all meet.

I dont have anything else to post (unless my 7 results in anything interesting)

So are you four all done with introductions? Are you all ready to journey off into the unknown with each other now? Falcon do you have enough crew for your ship?

If so, I'll move the game along. If not, I suggest you make posts to remedy the situation so everyone can get involved and then I can move the game along.

I will try to do a better job of keeping up. For some reason I am not getting email notifications when the threads are added to... new post in a little bit, sorry!

fjw and JediGamer, I'm going to work on getting your two characters into this in a little bit.

Jedigamer and fjw70, I apologize for the delay in getting you guys going, but I'm going to start working you in starting now. So look for some PMs to get you two going on the game. Hopefully you're both still around and both still interested in the game.

Everyone else...if you haven't post your new actions, please do. I'll be updating this weekend and if I don't have anything from you for an action I'll just assume your character "pauses", "hesitates", "stops and thinks".

Okay. There's been a rather lengthy delay. Some players who wanted to play have since stopped coming to this website. Others who are players are busy with their own lives, as is the case with me.

So what I'm going to do is put this game on cryogenic stasis.

Apologies for the shortness of the game, but I think until everyone's time levels out and interest regains in this, the game is on ice.