Grimace

Into the Unknown: Out of Character

38 posts in this topic

Here are the stats to the consular charger Retrofit.

Consular Cruiser Charger c70

Craft: Corellian Engineering Corporation Consular-class Cruiser Charger c70 Retrofit

Affiliation: Old Republic

Era: Rise of the Empire

Source: The Clone Wars Campaign Guide (page 170)

Type: Retrofitted diplomatic transport

Scale: Capital

Length: 115 meters

Skill: Capital ship piloting: Consular Cruiser

Crew: 3, gunners: 5, skeleton: 2/+5

Passengers: 20 (troops)

Cargo Capacity: 6,000 metric tons

Consumables: 6 months

Cost: 1.65 million (new), 700,000 (used)

Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1.5

Nav Computer: Yes

Maneuverability: +2

Space: 6

Atmosphere: 330; 950 kmh

Hull: 4D+2

Shields: 2D+2

Sensors:

Passive: 40/1D

Scan: 80/2D

Search: 100/3D

Focus: 5/4D

Weapons:

4 Light Turbolasers

Fire Arc: Turret (2 left, 2 right)

Crew: 1

Skill: Capital Ship Gunnery

Fire Control: 2D

Space Range: 3-15/35/75

Atmosphere Range: 500-1/3/8 km

Damage: 3D

2 Medium Laser Cannons (fire-linked)

Fire Arc: Front

Scale: Starfighter

Skill: Starship gunnery

Space Range: 1-3/12/25

Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km

Damage: 4D

Hmmm... I don't have a problem with the boosted shields. I don't even have a problem with the weapons. What I have a problem with is the fact that the ship requires 5 less crew (not counting gunners since the base Consular cruiser doesn't have guns) than the regular Consular cruiser and doesn't get anything but a +5 penalty when operating at 2 crew. All at the cost of a measely .40 million credits! That's only 400,000 credits to add 4 Light Turbolasers at capital scale, 2 Medium Lasers at starfighter scale, +2 shields, reduce the hyperdrive, 6 times the total cargo space, increased passenger capacity AND automation enough to reduce the crew requirements from 8 to 3.

So as it stands, no on that refit.

I'd take it if:

Crew: 5, gunners:5, skeleton: 2/+15

Hmmm... I don't have a problem with the boosted shields. I don't even have a problem with the weapons. What I have a problem with is the fact that the ship requires 5 less crew (not counting gunners since the base Consular cruiser doesn't have guns) than the regular Consular cruiser and doesn't get anything but a +5 penalty when operating at 2 crew. All at the cost of a measely .40 million credits! That's only 400,000 credits to add 4 Light Turbolasers at capital scale, 2 Medium Lasers at starfighter scale, +2 shields, reduce the hyperdrive, 6 times the total cargo space, increased passenger capacity AND automation enough to reduce the crew requirements from 8 to 3.

So as it stands, no on that refit.

I'd take it if:

Crew: 5, gunners:5, skeleton: 2/+15

just going by stats as published, feel free to bump to Crew: 5, gunners: 5.

Here are the stats to the consular charger Retrofit. As Fixed to your standards......

Craft:

Consular Cruiser Charger c70

Corellian Engineering Corporation Consular-class Cruiser Charger c70 Retrofit

Affiliation: Old Republic

Era: Rise of the Empire

Source: The Clone Wars Campaign Guide (page 170)

Type: Retrofitted diplomatic transport

Scale: Capital

Length: 115 meters

Skill: Capital ship piloting: Consular Cruiser

Crew: 5, gunners: 5, skeleton: 2/+15

Passengers: 20 (troops)

Cargo Capacity: 6,000 metric tons

Consumables: 6 months

Cost: 1.65 million (new), 700,000 (used)

Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1.5

Nav Computer: Yes

Maneuverability: +2

Space: 6

Atmosphere: 330; 950 kmh

Hull: 4D+2

Shields: 2D+2

Sensors:

Passive: 40/1D

Scan: 80/2D

Search: 100/3D

Focus: 5/4D

Weapons:

4 Light Turbolasers

Fire Arc: Turret (2 left, 2 right)

Skill: Capital Ship Gunnery

Space Range: 3-15/35/75

Atmosphere Range: 500-1/3/8 km

Damage: 3D

2 Medium Laser Cannons (fire-linked)

Fire Arc: Front

Scale: Starfighter

Skill: Starship gunnery

Space Range: 1-3/12/25

Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km

Damage: 4D

List of modifications i'd like, let me know whats ok and whats not.

See this thread on the Rancor pit for some of these: http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1844&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Disguised Transponder (1 code)

x12 Backup hyperdrive 30 tons

Workshop

Solid Fuel Conveter Weight 30 Tons

Scoops 90 tons

Solar Converter 60 tons

Refridgeration Equipment (300 tons of cargo) 60 tons

Pasenger conversion (80 extra passengers) 800 tons

Medical suite (capital scale) 83 tons

Hanger Bay 6 fighters/shuttles and 7 small-medium ground vehicles 1265 tons

8 Docking Clamps 200 tons

Tractor Beam (Capital Scale) 90 tons

2 Plasma Torch boarding Devices mated to two Cotterdam Universal Airlocks

2 fire linked Ion Cannons (Starfighter Scale, turret mounted)

Ion canon (Capital Scale, Turret mounted)

Edited by Falcon79

First off, tell me what's being stripped OUT of the Consular cruiser to make room for all of the stuff from the Charger c70 Retrofit, then I'll let you know which, if any, you can have added on to the ship.

First off, tell me what's being stripped OUT of the Consular cruiser to make room for all of the stuff from the Charger c70 Retrofit, then I'll let you know which, if any, you can have added on to the ship.

Basically Consular class ships as originally produced are extreme luxury ships , basically big, big, extra roomy, cabins/suites with the latest entertainment systems, and probbably enviromental converters, personal refreshers, LARGE stocks of FRESH FOOD instead of the recycled, reconstitued, nutrients for the Auto chefs standard on other ships, plus a hyper radio with holonet access. that said I could see you reducing cargo to 4000-3000 tons as stock for the Charger c70 in your game.

Edited by Falcon79

Again, what do you want to take OUT of the Consular cruiser to account for the weaponry put on and the massive increase in cargo for the Charger c70 retrofit? After I figure that, I can tell you what you can put in from your list of requested modifications.

Again, what do you want to take OUT of the Consular cruiser to account for the weaponry put on and the massive increase in cargo for the Charger c70 retrofit? After I figure that, I can tell you what you can put in from your list of requested modifications.

Well I'd say the super luxury suite each take up 95 tons each with the advanced comunications system taking another 80 tons.

My second choice is the Mere Cruiser on Page 199 of Gry's Starship Stats R&E PDF, Followed by the By the Corellian CR70 Corvett in Gry's Saga to D6 Starships of the Galaxy PDF.

Edited by Falcon79

How about we go with a starfighter scale Space Yacht instead of a hulking Capital ship?

How about we go with a starfighter scale Space Yacht instead of a hulking Capital ship?
Well I've rarely got the chance to use Capital scale vessals and wanted to give one a wirl.

I would say no, because probably nobody else here has the skills to handle a Capital ship. I certainly do not. Stick with a tramp freighter, I gave up much of my Starfighter stuff for the good of the party, you can give up on the Capital ship.

Addendum, Eric and I were talking, and it brings up a question, if he gets a Capital Scale transport, liker the Gallofree Medium Transport, does it take Space Transport or Capital Ship to pilot, repair, and man the guns?

Edited by AlanDG2

For something like the Gallofree, it would be Space Transports, and the scale of the weapons depends on the type of gunnery skill needed.

Well I'd say the super luxury suite each take up 95 tons each with the advanced comunications system taking another 80 tons.

My second choice is the Mere Cruiser on Page 199 of Gry's Starship Stats R&E PDF, Followed by the By the Corellian CR70 Corvett in Gry's Saga to D6 Starships of the Galaxy PDF.

When you get a chance, see if you can catch me on IM and we can discuss this. You're throwing so many options out there that I haven't got a clue what you really are wanting.

I quite like the idea of a capital ship just because Ive never seen one in play

When you get a chance, see if you can catch me on IM and we can discuss this. You're throwing so many options out there that I haven't got a clue what you really are wanting.

I WANT the Charger c70, however, I you as GM think one the other two ship types I listed is more appropiate, I'll accept either.

Okay we need some one with good skills in Droid Programing and droid repair in case drakes droid, our SOLE ENGINEER, has technical dificulties

Excuse me? Drakes droid our sole Engineer? I happen to have repair skills for Starfighters and Transports and weapons, and the ability to handle shields or weapons in a fight. The only engineering I can not help is Capital ships...which is why it is better if we have a transport...

Well, I'm afraid you won't get much help from me. As it stands now my character is going to be a Trianii Ranger of some sort, focusing on ground-side scouting and fighting skills.

Shrugs asked for tha big shipa nd Grim said I'm stuck with it now.... no worries I'll have drake look into hiring some crew, good thing he comes from a weathy family. Alright we've worked out how Alan's PC knows mine, need to work out how yours' does ReRun and Nerdron.... as for crew i'll work out something.

Edited by Falcon79

Well, at least I can run shields, sensors, and Astrogation, plus the smaller guns and help repair any guns. I will just have to learn the rest as I go.

Okay, I've received four characters. I've heard talk that Kalzazz was making a character, but I haven't seen anything from him. So unless I see something from him by the end of today, I figure the four listed in the Characters section are the four that are playing. So, Kal, if you're planning on playing, get me a character idea ASAP (like today!).

Okay, Kalzazz, please post your character in the Characters section with the one change I mentioned.

The rest of you, I'll have the opening post on either Monday or Tuesday...possibly Sunday. I've got a Game Fair that I'm going to this weekend, so my time is pretty much spoken for this weekend. :D