D6 Online 3.0
Grimace

Star Wars: Into the Unknown - recruiting players

Looks good for both of you.

One thing I'm going to request all of you to do is come up with the "connection to other players". Yes, I'm putting the onus on you to figure out why all of you are working together while going out into the unknown.;)

I did have an idea about a connection to Drake, both our parents were smugglers, perhaps they were partners once. After my father died and I decided to go into "the family business", I could have looked her up and met Drake there.

Daster would be willing to crew up with anyone interested in exploring. He tried to retire, but his real love is exploring and adventure, so he would be willing to team up with anyone.

Looks good for both of you.

One thing I'm going to request all of you to do is come up with the "connection to other players". Yes, I'm putting the onus on you to figure out why all of you are working together while going out into the unknown.;)

Kal and I are working on making a connection between our characters...

Name: Gilea de Roland

Type: Gunslinger

Race: Human Sex: Female

Physical Description: Petite young lady, with bright eyes, broadbrimmed hat, and a well worn blaster in a quick draw rig

Also picture for her, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/keikiru/gilea.jpg

Dexterity 4d6

-Blaster 6d6

-Dodge 6d6

Knowledge 3d6

-Streetwise 4d6

-Law Enforcement 4d6

Mechanical 2d6

Perception 4d6

-Investigation 6d6

-Search 5d6

-Sneak 5d6

-Persuasion 5d6

Strength 2d6

Technical 3d6

-Blaster Repair 4d6

Special Abilities: None

Move: 10

Force Sensitive: N

Force Points: 1

Dark Side Points: 0

Character Points: 5

Equipment:

Nice safari clothes, hat

Caelli-Merced Sentinel 4 Heavy Blaster Pistol, 4 spare power packs (Grys)

Quickdraw Holster (D6 Space, or the Corporate Sector Authority book)

Laser-Hone Vibrodagger (tucked in right boot, Gundark's)

Merr-Sonn Model Q4 "Quickfire" Holdout Blaster (concealed holster under skirt, Gundark's),1 spare power pack

Training Remote http://www.rpggamer.org/stats.php?page=d6/d6remote.html&name=Galactech%20Training%20Remote

Bag, Comlink (with decorative case)

Espo Riot Gun, Gundark's, 1 spare power pack

Blaster repair/maintenance kit and range bag

500 credits

Background: Gilea is from the CSA and the daughter of a senior Espo captain, she grew up adoring her father and enthralled by tales of the Espo's and the legendary gunslinger Gallandro, desiring to emulate them. She grew up around Espo bases and blaster ranges (though carefully shielded from the Dark Side of the Espos by her caring father) and grew quite adept with a blaster under the tutelage of Espo range instructors (Gilea was a far more motivated student than the average Espo). Unfortunately shielded as she was from the realities of the CSA, Gilea eagerly awaited her 18th birthday, and on that very day went to the local recruiter's office to sign up, using the new blaster pistol her dad and range instructor had given her now that she was eighteen and skilled enough to be worthy of it (and supposedly the blaster had been used by the dreaded outlaw and smuggler Kursh Redlaw before her dad took him down, long ago when he was a trooper on the street (certain less flattering people suggest he just bought the gun or stole it from the evidence room))).

This led to heartbreaking disaster, as she was promptly informed she failed the marksmanship test, and that her utterly unimpressive self was not Espo material, why didn't she go to secretary school? Gilea rather snapped, did something ambiguously defined but very bad, and when the blaster smoke cleared the CSA was no longer a good place for her to be. After going home and crying she decided this was really a chance to see the great wide world and travel free and unhindered in a haze of blaster smoke much like Gallandro. So she grabbed her stuff, her best safari clothes and her dads old rifle from the closet and set out to go far far far away. She actually didn't get very far away before running into a certain Trianii who oddly enough turned out to not be a barbarian cannibal and actually was cool in the noble savage kind of way (and was an elite predator to). Remembering meeting in the past a dashing young nobleman who planned to carve out a great kingdom of honor and glory on the fringe she met at one of those boring parties a while ago (and who was really cool, and even answered her fanmail) she suggested they go that way.

Personality: Generally optimistic and cheerful, viewing things as oppurtunities for achievement rather than disasters

Objectives: To prove herself gloriously in the galaxy and become the best with a blaster ever (or at least second to Gallandro)

A Quote: "So like, your going to be totally vaped afore you can even touch that blaster you know?"

I'm good with everything but the Sentinel 4 Heavy Blaster Pistol.

If you want the Series 3 instead, you can have that.

Other than that, the character looks good.

Is there room in the game for one more? New to the boards (but a d6 player from waaaaaaaay back - I had the old Ghostbusters game back in the day).

I can pull together a character tonight if there is room.

Thomas

Is there room in the game for one more? New to the boards (but a d6 player from waaaaaaaay back - I had the old Ghostbusters game back in the day).

Thomas

sure the more the merrier, provided grimace allows it, what would you want to play?\sw\

Welcome to the board, Thomas JediGamer!

Thomas

...The rest of you, I'll have the opening post on either Monday or Tuesday...possibly Sunday. I've got a Game Fair that I'm going to this weekend, so my time is pretty much spoken for this weekend.

Grimace may not be on this weekend. But just in case there is room in his game, I suggest looking at the other characters in the group posted, and have a character ready to submit to Grimace when he comes back for approval. I get the impression he wants to get started on the game as soon as he can after the weekend. If he has room for you and you have a character ready, that may help the game get started.

And in the mean time, please introduce yourself formally here. :)

We could use someone able to repair capital ships and use the weapons of the same. For some reason the GM went along when the pirate asked to have one, even though none of the rest of the party has any experience with them.

I can certainly create that quirky pilot/mechanic/gunner type. Actually, one of my favorite types to play.

And I will formally introduce myself shortly. Thanks for the warm welcome!

I was hoping I was going to get something from you on Sunday, as I'm planning on starting things moving today (Monday). While I can still work you in based on where the group will be starting, you'll probably want to get a character worked up sooner rather than later if you're interested in joining.

Character Name: Taldec

Type: Wookiee

Species: Wookiee

Dexterity 2D+2

Blaster 4D+2

Perception 2D

Bargain

Strength 5D

Brawling 7D

Knowledge 2D

Mechanical 3D

Astrogation 4D

Technical 3D+1

Starship gunnery 5D+1

Special Abilities

Berserker Rage

Climbing Claws

Move 11

Force Sensitive? No

Force Points 0

Dark Side Points 0

Character Points 10

Equipment:

Blaster Rifle

250 credits

Taldec's parents were smugglers/pirates on the fringes of the Empire. They were killed in a raid when Taldec was a barely teenager (or the Wookiee equivalent). He learned some useful skills from his parents (such as astrogation and starship gunnery). Taldec now looks to join the crew of a starship to earn the glory and wealth that always eluded his parents.

He is what I have so far (I am going to flesh out the backstory some more). I took the Wookiee template from the book. The only change was swapping the bowcaster for a blaster rifle. Let me know how it looks.

Hey all, here's Jez Furlong-Pilot/Repair Guy.

Brief Background - His parents were smugglers/pirates/spacers. He hates being planetside and finds his home in space. He grew up around spacers and has become a decent pilot and repair guy. He was out on a pick up run when his parents were arrested. Deciding that he didn't want to join them, he decided to regroup and make enough credits to bust them out later.

He is brash and mouthy and doesn't deal well with authority, but is loyal to the core and will fight for his friends.

DEX: 3D

-Blaster: 4D

-Dodge: 3D+1

KNO: 2D+2

MEC: 4D

-Astrogation: 5D

-Capital Ship Pilot: 5D

-Capital Ship Shields: 5D

-Capital Ship Gunnery: 5D

-Space Transports: 5D

-Starfighter Pilot: 5D

-Starship Gunnery: 4D+2

-Starship Shields: 4D+2

-Sensors: 4D+1

PER: 3D

-Hide

STR: 2D+1

TEC: 3D

-Capital Ship Repair: 3D+2

-Capital Ship Weapon Repair: 3D+2

-Droid Programing: 3D+1

-Droid Repair: 3D+1

-Space Transport Repair: 3D+1

-Starfighter Repair: 3D+1

-Starfigher Weapon Repair: 3D+1

Equipment: Blaster Pistol, Med Pac, Vac Suit, Tool Kit, 1,000 Credits

JediGamer, looks good. I'm going to have you figure out how you know about the Wookiee Taldec. Both of you can be on the planet looking for work, but you'll have to come up with a way you know each other.

fjw70 (can I call you "fjw"?) you'll need to allocate another 5D to skills as people are starting as slightly advanced characters in this game. As I mentioned to JediGamer, figure out some way that you know his character.

fjw70 (can I call you "fjw"?) you'll need to allocate another 5D to skills as people are starting as slightly advanced characters in this game. As I mentioned to JediGamer, figure out some way that you know his character.

My name is Frank if you want to just use that. I will incorporate th extra 5D tonight.

fjw - should Taldec be friends with Jez's parents and they were both out when his parents were arrested?

I like that. How about Jez's parents knew Taldec's parents when they served on a starship crew together and Jez's parents survived when Taldec's parents were killed? So Jez's parents unoffically adopted Taldec. So Taldec and Jez are like brothers.

Edited by fjw70

That's fine. When you get your characters finished up, go ahead and post them in the Character section of the PBP game.

And I'm pretty sure that's all the players we can safely and easily work into the story, so I'm going to close this thread.