Lee Torres

Whill Welcomes His Newborn Boy!

22 posts in this topic

It is with great joy that I break the news that our own Moderator Whill and his wife have just welcomed their baby son to the world!

Born: 8/22/2009 at 2:12 PM EDT

Length: 19.5"

Weight: 8 lbs., 10 oz.

Baby and Mother are both doing fine, and new father Whill is tired but doing OK.

Congratulations to Whill, Mrs. Whill, and Baby Whill on their new family! :cool:

Edited by Lee Torres

Awesome news! I hope everyone is doing well and both mother and baby are healthy and strong. Congratulations to you Whill and your wife!

Congrats, and be sure to start him off properly next year with some giant plush dice for his first birthday. :D

Congrats, and be sure to start him off properly next year with some giant plush dice for his first birthday. :D
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! If you wait that long, someone might expose him to a gamepad, then it will be too late! ;)

Congrats, Whill! Good health and best wishes to you and yours on these tidings of great joy. :gl:

congrats!

I hve three boys myself, you are in for a great adventure!

That's a great idea!

Congratulations to Whill, Mrs. Whill, and Baby Whill on their new family!
Congrats Whill!
Best of luck to your entire family !
Awesome news! I hope everyone is doing well and both mother and baby are healthy and strong. Congratulations to you Whill and your wife!
Congrats to you both! Health and happiness all around.
Congrats Whill!!!!!!!
Congrats, Whill!
Congratulations
Congratulations, Whill! I'm glad your boy is big and healthy.
Congrats.
Congrats, Whill! Good health and best wishes to you and yours on these tidings of great joy.
Go Whill!
congrats! I hve three boys myself, you are in for a great adventure!

Thank you everyone! My son's entrance into this world was both the most horrifying and most wonderful experience I have ever had. And I had the easy part! My wife and son are my heroes, for persevering over extreme circumstances and surviving a long, hard labor on both of them, so that the three of us could be a family. We are very blessed.

We named our son Josh.

Yes, Josh is short for Joshua.

Edited by Whill

Just "Josh" or is it short for something else?

My son's first name, Joshua, was given in honor of the historical Jesus. Jesus' real name in Hebrew was Yeshua. After the name was transliterated through Greek to Latin and then to English, we ended up with "Jesus". But "Yeshua" directly into English is "Joshua". We know "Joshua" as an Old Testament character, and that is who the historical "Jesus" was actually named after. There were both named "Yeshua".

OK, etymology lesson over.

Yeah, but his middle name is "Darth"!

LOL, no. But I did nominate the middle name of "Jedi" during our name consideration period. Jedi is also an actual Hebrew name meaning "beloved by God." Despite that, it was still eliminated from consideration by Mrs. Whill on the grounds that I was really taking my Star Wars fandom too far. She's probably right. If the next child is also a boy, maybe Mrs. Whill will allow his middle name to be "Lucas".

For Josh's middle name, we ended up chosing "Loren" (pronounced with the emphasis on the second syllable, 'Lo-REN') to honor Josh's maternal grandfather who has that middle name and had not been honored in any form in the naming of his children or his five previous grandchildren. Grandpa's first name is Ralph so we had no choice but to go with his middle name.

And Josh gets his last name from my Dad, as do I am my wife.

The Force is strong with this one!

Ironic that you say that, Rerun. That is the t-shirt I was wearing the day the baby was born, as I was still wearing the shirt from the day before when the 28-hour labor began. And I swear that was completely unplanned as we just went to the doctor office for a check-up and were told to go to the hospital immediately for induction.

Perhaps it was an omen, for indeed, the Force is with us!

fd57ec45fe3bfa436e4311d711bfa0f26g.jpg

Edited by Whill
typos, etc.