D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Lubidius

You opinion on advertising towards game held on other forums?

Hey. Just double-checking whether you would allow for me to post game information (including summaries) on Play-By-Post games that I may hold on another forum. For example, I think I might be able to drum up more players for a Septimus game <edited> is why I ask. Sometimes folks are fickle about where they play PlayByPost games. A lot will only play games on the single site they play other PbP games.

I see in your original sticky post here a rule against this ; I'm hoping that can be recinded for the sake of boosting populariy of Septimus and other D6 offerings, no matter where on the net they are played.

Thoughts?

<edited>

And notice how I slyly mention it while also asking if it's ok :) LOL. Sorry. Feel free to delete this later on if it's cluttering things up and you dont want external games mentioned.

Edited by Lubidius

While the idea of drumming up interest for Septimus is admirable, I don't really see how posting an add here to draw people away from this site so they can spend more time on another site is really something that's good for the overall improvement of this site.

So unless the general consensus of the staff is to rescind this, I think the rule will pretty much stand as it is right now.

That is completely understandable.

Just as FYI ; it would be a two-way street. I'd be pointing individuals that otherwise have no idea this site exists back over to it to buy the products and to participate in the open content. It's not a matter of 'this site is better then that', its that a great deal of people play PbP on myth-weavers and rpol.net (and other pbp site) who flat out will never look elsewhere. It's more of letting people 'here', know that I'm running something 'there', not to draw those individuals here that are long time readers to another site that has only information on D6 offerings.

Just my 2 cents. I can completely understand the concern if you had individuals competing with this site for fan forums specific to D6.

As FYI, sites like myth-weavers have similar policies in reverse. They do not like folks advertising games on other pbp sites, so I understand the basic logic of the rule; it's just in times where there are limited players on any one site that actually will play Septimus for example, or any other non DnD game, you have to pool resources.

PM sent.

And I'm going to close this particular thread. The decision about posting ads for games on other sites stands as is for the time being. If anyone else has any questions or concerns about this, feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to discuss it in private.