Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mbentley

Martial Arts Question

6 posts in this topic

In D6 Powers, Revised & Expanded, under the Martial Arts section there is something that confuses me. It says: "For every level of total skill a character has, he may choose an additional technique from the list under his chosen martial art (round up)." Then the example goes on to say someone with 9D total would be able to choose all the skills under his choosen art, but if his skill total was only 6D he could only choose 3.

So my question is, is it supposed to be half the total in the specialty? So the 9D would be 4.5 rounded up to 5 choosen techniques?

I am very interested in the answer to this myself (and particularly interested in how Gun Fu works precisely as it seems something Im sure my character wants)

This could have been worded better

Ok, here’s how it works.

Our sample martial artist

4D in Reflexes, 4D in Martial arts, and 2D in his martial art of choice (lets say its Gun Fu).

His total actual skill with the martial art is 6D (do not add in the attribute dice)

With the 6D of total skill the martial artist can pick up to 3 of the martial art special abilities (note that most only have two).

If the Hero had 9D total he is allowed to take 5 of the special abilities If available.

So this hypothetical guy would roll 8d to punch someone, 10d to shoot them, and what would he add for his gunshot damage and such?

Or would he roll Coordination + Marksmanship to shoot someone (and would his Gun Fu specialization apply here?)

I’m on the crack.

Gun Fu should use the marksmanship skill not brawling. Gun Fu will not give you any bonus to any brawling attack and the specialization should be linked to marksmanship.

My bad

We all make mistakes, but don't let there be another one or else ;):P:eek:

Makes sense. Thanks.