D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
mbentley

[D6 Adventure] Mystery Men PbP

I'm considering running a Mystery Men game using D6 Adventure. Basically a pulp superhero game of masked vigilantes fighting Mobsters, crazed masked criminals and even Nazis. It would be set probably in the late 1930s. Think The Shadow, The Phantom, The Rocketeer, Batman and people of that style. I'm still nailing down the exact details, but thats the general thought. I'd be looking for 3-5 players for the game. Post here if you are interested.

Edited to add:

There may be some minor supernatural elements to the game. Vaguely considering a Vampire Mobster as one of the majob badguys.

Edited by mbentley

Would you be sticking completely with D6 Adventure, or would you consider expanding to the D6 Powers supplement by Khepera Publishing? Either way, I'm interested.

Excellent. Thats two. Just need one more. Then I'll post chargen info and any optional rules.

This is the first time I've run a PbP and I'm just getting back into D6 after a few years away. So bare with me. :D

Weekly? All the PbP's I've been involved in have always been continuous. Usually posted to at least once a day. Seems like a weekly play by post would take a long time.

Here is a cool website with lots of 1930s info:

http://www.paper-dragon.com/1939/

Attributes: 18D, Max of 5D in any one attribute

Skills: 15D, Max of 3D in any one skill

Move: 10

Body Points: 30 + Physique x 3 (So a Physique of 4 would add 12)

Strength Damage: Physique (or Lifting) score divided by 2 (without the Pips)

Funds: Start at 3D, increase or decrease per rules on Page 14

Character Points: 5

Fate Points: 1

Disadvantages, Advantages and Special abilities are allowed, but are subject for approval. Magic and Psionics are allowed. Any spells will need to be designed by you and approved by me. :D

I am making a few skill changes: Climbing and Jumping are being moved to Physique and Repair is being moved to Knowledge.

Background wise I'll be looking for people in the characters life too, family, co-workers, friends and things of that nature. At least two to three to give me some NPCs to work with that mean something for the character. And no I'm not planning to use them as kidnap victims... all the time ;)

Those are the basics of Chargen. The game will be set in Chicago in 1938.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Edited by mbentley

I wish I could play all these new PbP adventures, but I can't. This game also sounds very cool, mbently. I look forward to reading your adventures. Good luck with the game and have fun.

Maybe when the youngling arrives, you'll be able to squeeze into a game. Of course, your time for such things will be limited for a while after.

I wish I could play all these new PbP adventures, but I can't. This game also sounds very cool, mbently. I look forward to reading your adventures. Good luck with the game and have fun.

Thanks. I'm hoping my first foray into running a PbP will work out and not be a flaming wreck :D

I'm thinking of calling the game: Men of Mystery.

The year is 1938. The place is Chicago. You are a Masked Man (or woman) of Mystery. Perhaps you have powers. Perhaps you have a strange gadget. Perhaps you are just really skilled. During the day you have a normal job, but at night you don your mask and fight crime!

A few Villains:

Frank Nitti is running The Chicago Outfit, which used to be run by Al Capone. However rumors spread that perhaps someone else is in charge.

No Face runs a small criminal originization that mostly focuses on robbing banks, stores and bars. No Face is a man with no identity. He wears a white mask that covers his entire face, including his eyes. Other wise he dresses in the most expensive suits he can find. No one knows how he can see through the mask.

Thomas Delfino is the boss of the small Delfino Crime Family. They are into kidnapping and ransoming off the kidnap victims. When the victims are returned they are always weak and have strange marks on their necks. Rumors suggest Thomas Delfino is a Vampire, but that can't be true because Vampires aren't real, right?

The Veiled Scorpion wears a white suit, a red cape and red hood with a black scorpion just above the eyes. He seems to mostly be comitting petty robberies. So far no one has been harmed during the commission of these robberies.

Shriek is a female criminal. She has a yell that can shatter glass and drop a man. She seems to mostly rob high society types. She wears all green with a green face mask. Her hair is flaming red.

Jamfke & Lee: Since I did post the chargen stuff if you two want to put together characters and PM them to me, feel free.

Hopefully next week one or two more people will show interest.

No problem. I'm thinking of a Green Hornet type of character. Nothing mystical, just some chop chop action! Likely won't have a Kato though.

Yeah, this weekend is a bit full for most folks. I'm just getting a break from activities because my boy needed his daily nap! :cool:

No problem. This game wont be starting instantly. So if you need some time take it.

Like I'm going to turn away a player with a reasonable request like that? :D