D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bave

New Game? Starwars

Guest bave

I am thinking of starting a new play by post/chat game. Would be using standard revised starwars rules with some d6 space and a few house rules.

If you are interested, please post here.

I'd be interested, but I don't have access to any of the books. So here's my question, if I joined would you be willing to stat the character up for me if I describe him to you? I know it's a kind of odd request.

Guest bave

If you go to Rancorpit.com you can find alot of the sourcebooks as fan made creations. The rules are something else entirely, but building a character that suits you is very important, and you need to understand the mechanics of the game.

I have no problem helping, but need the tools :)

I am thinking of starting a new play by post/chat game. Would be using standard revised starwars rules with some d6 space and a few house rules.

Would you be interested in possibly doing it via play by voice chat? Either way I would be interested in playing.

If you go to Rancorpit.com you can find alot of the sourcebooks as fan made creations. The rules are something else entirely, but building a character that suits you is very important, and you need to understand the mechanics of the game.

I have no problem helping, but need the tools :)

I used to be a very regular player/runner of the game, so I do understand the basics. Just don't have access to the chargen information any more due to lost/missing books. No biggie. Have fun and hope the game goes well.

Standard rebel heroes set in between ANH and TESB? Or something else? Some people may be interested depending on the era and type of characters/adventures.

Guest bave
I used to be a very regular player/runner of the game, so I do understand the basics. Just don't have access to the chargen information any more due to lost/missing books. No biggie. Have fun and hope the game goes well.

I didn't say no, I just said you need to know the game :)

Take a look for Gry Sarth's fan compilation books over on rancorpit, they have everything you would need stats for. Rule book wise the only books that will come up are d6 space/starwars r/e really. Those are pretty basic and I have no problem helping there, as I am not perfect there myself.

Guest bave

Whill,

I am open to anything really. Setting would either be between III-IV, somewhere during IV-VI, or shortly thereafter. I have no real objections to characters as long as they are plausible.

In short, I am pretty flexible.

Guest bave
Would you be interested in possibly doing it via play by voice chat? Either way I would be interested in playing.

Ryan,

It depends on the technology honestly. Never tried it, but willing to try most anything.

I didn't say no, I just said you need to know the game :)

Take a look for Gry Sarth's fan compilation books over on rancorpit, they have everything you would need stats for. Rule book wise the only books that will come up are d6 space/starwars r/e really. Those are pretty basic and I have no problem helping there, as I am not perfect there myself.

I did manage to get my hands on chargen info. So as long as this stays a PbP I'm interested, but if you do end up going Skype I'm going to have to say no. Since I'd have no way of joining in then. :)

I already have a vague idea for a character, basically a bounty hunter trying to turn good, but his past keeps catching up to him.

You can find SW RPG 2nd Ed. R&E on Amazon for usually 10 bucks or under. Just fyi. (Of course I just looked and there are none on there, but also look on e-bay)

I'm interested in playing, as long as my schedule permits. Just post the exact method of play, and I'll reply again if it just won't work out for me.

Guest bave

I am leaning towards PbP, perhaps with some Skype etc if it works out. Generally for my schedule posting works better since it is flexible.

As far as game, I am pretty open to anything. I can make a game work in almost any setting and timeline.

A hybrid playbypost with occasional Skype real-time would suit my schedule well. I like the idea of using both when the mood strikes. The occasional real-time would give us a chance to shoot the ****e and will allow us to kind of boost the interest level as we'd be going at a higher rate occasionally. My suggestion is once a month real-time, and otherwise pbp. And if someone cannot make a real-time, they are just npc'd (very lightly). Sound like a plan? Just post the particulars when you can, and then I'll reply with a draft character. I'm assuming the use of Star Wars RPG 2nd Edition R&E, with some house rules added.

Guest bave
A hybrid playbypost with occasional Skype real-time would suit my schedule well. I like the idea of using both when the mood strikes. The occasional real-time would give us a chance to shoot the ****e and will allow us to kind of boost the interest level as we'd be going at a higher rate occasionally. My suggestion is once a month real-time, and otherwise pbp. And if someone cannot make a real-time, they are just npc'd (very lightly). Sound like a plan? Just post the particulars when you can, and then I'll reply with a draft character. I'm assuming the use of Star Wars RPG 2nd Edition R&E, with some house rules added.

Correct on all counts, some D6 space variants used as well, particularly combat options and damage systems.

Guest bave

Decided the game will take place between ep III and IV. Have not decided a more specific time period yet.

Standard character building methods, 18d for attributes (within racial attributes). No problems with aliens as long as explainable and not broken for balance. Equipment is either by template, reasonable, or flat amount of 3000 credits. Restrictions apply, must be able to explain how you got it.

Extra CP's/skill dice/gear possible for reasonable and good backgrounds.

Will be using body points, which is calculated as Str code x 4 +30 and then add any pips in singularly.(strength of 3d = 42, 4d = 46)

Fixed number of characters allowed. Do not want to be constantly npc'n characters, so preference given to those who can stay on top of game. Otherwise, first come and first serve. Please post character concepts/stats in this thread for the time being, or at least concepts (if concept, please provide skill strengths/weaknesses, background, race etc.

I'd be interested, but I don't have access to any of the books.

You can find SW RPG 2nd Ed. R&E on Amazon for usually 10 bucks or under. Just fyi. (Of course I just looked and there are none on there, but also look on e-bay)

eBay listing with starting bid $0.99, 4 days left, no bids yet

As far as this PbP game, it looks like I'll be getting into a table-top Star Wars game, so I'm gonna limit my online games.

bave, good luck with your game. Have fun guys.

Guest bave

We will be trying to start up a new PbP game on these forums, will be a Star Wars game running Revised ruleset with a bit of D6 Space Rules.

The game will be run by me, taking place between Episodes III and IV. We have 2-3 characters now and looking for 5-6 total.

Please see forum "Days of 66"