D6 Online 3.0
Catstacker

High Lords Rules

Catstacker    10
Yeah, I was curious if turn 1 is due *by* June 15th, or that's when we watch "turn 0", then have turn 1 due in by the 22nd.

Turn 1 begins on June 15, and submissions are due by June 21st. The earlier you post, the more grateful I'll be because I'm going to try to get the next round's information out to everyone every Monday, and the invasion will get increasingly harder to run as it progresses. I'm pretty nervous right now, because my job is easy until you start sending me stelae locations and then I have to calculate populations and transformation rates for steadily expanding realms.:eek:

If you're wondering how the week will appear on the timeline, regardless of what time in the week everyone posts, the stelae will be planted and the bridges drop on June 15. The armies emerge and follow orders, and then the lieutenants report (if they have anything to report) June 22 on the last week's progress. So you can post using the past tense if you like, incorporating real-world events that happen that week. Which one of you is responsible for the swine-flu pandemic?

Stormchild    10
Which one of you is responsible for the swine-flu pandemic?

Hrumph, I thought this plan to be clever hidden, but I was crossed by a minion who altered my virus magically. The virus was meant to seduce the people not to make them sick. It is hard to find good minions in Aysle who know how things are supposed to work like they do in Terra. Now I have to change my plans...again. I am already at Plan D.

The Plague.

That was no minion at all Plague. It seems that your virus somehow came into contact with the one I have already begun spreading to weaken the human defenses. Unfortunately it seems the encounter made my own plague somewhat... less effective, then I had hoped.

Catstacker    10

I've received a few PMs asking me questions about stelae, so I want to make sure the rules are clear for everyone.

Placing stelae is included in their cost, and so is unrestricted and instantaneous. Just let me know where you want them and there they will be. Since the invasion has just began, the forces of Earth have no idea what stelae do or how to destroy them, and so your stelae are safe from them for now. Eventually the Storm Knights might figure out how to uproot stelae, but that will take time.

However, a stelae zone isn't active until a maelstrom bridge has been dropped into it, or an army moved into it. An army can't move into more than one new stelae zone every week, because it might be opposed by forces on the other side, and the reality of the zone might not flip to your reality right away, or give you enough transformed believers to maintain the reality. One week should be long enough to accomplish this, and I'll let you know whenever isn't. This keeps the High Lords from expanding at a blitzkrieg pace early on.

hellsreach    10

I wonder if, true to Nippon form, I can reduce my possibility intake to 75% and almost eliminate all storm activity along my borders, keeping my expansion almost non detectable?

Wakshaani    10

Sneaky Sneaky, "Mister Wong"! I salute you!

And I might have to see about making my storms 8stronger*, to keep prying eyes out, later. The old Cyberpope Style, tho with less France and more Haiti. :)

Wakshaani    10

Question. If you were, hypothetically, a High Lord out on an island, and you needed to drop a stelea that wound up only holding water inside the boundries, how much possibility energy would yuo have to burn to force it Dominant, instead of mixed, since the easy way of just marching 25,000 people into it wouldn't exist?

(There're reasons for wantingit non-mixed, obviously, even though it'd generate 0 energy.)

Catstacker    10

Hypothetically, I might send shapeless unnameable shadow-things slithering in the depths beyond the light of heaven, or maybe twenty-five thousand terrified transformed islanders in rude fishing boats trying to flee those horrors. No one said that your armies have to march across the border, and after you transformed the hypothetical zone with a negligible native population, the zone would probably be Pure your reality.

Catstacker    10
I figured it would take 1 point to create the stelae, 1 point to dimthread the planting party in, and 1 point for the ritual to plant the stelae. I was worried that breaking up the costs would needlessly complicate the books, but if players want to break down the costs, so be it.

I've received a question from an anonymous Lord who was wondering if he could plant backup stelae within his realm at a cheaper rate, since he wouldn't have to dimthread the planting party in. I don't want to introduce cheaper stelae after the game has already begun, and backup stelae are just as useful as the first ones planted. If I were re-starting the game, I would make the High Lords sneak Special Ops around to plant stelae, and the stelae would still cost 3 points each.

Wakshaani    10

Can we loan other High Lords Possibility Energy?

Sounds mad, I know, but let's say Aysle, to pick someone at random, ran into a problem in Germany and asked someone else for aid. Aid could, of course, be sent, and "A favor to be repaid later" taken, certainly, but could the lender instead 'charge' Aysle for the service?

IE, "Sure, I'll send you some more Gospog, but it'll cost you 5 PU a week to keep them."

Of course, whether or not those deals would be HONORED is something else entirely. :)

If not, then I'm sure other services could be arranged in their sted.

Catstacker    10

I don't think that you could pay with P-energy directly, since it isn't a hard currency and there aren't any possibility banks. Maybe if you found an eternity shard you could barter with that. Since there are precedents in the original invasion of High Lords lending troops and agents, you can do so if you like, but I don't think stelae or raw P-energy should be transferrable.

If you did lend an agent to another High Lord to use, they would act like the Ravagons in the original invasion, in that they would share information with both their original master as well as their current boss. I suppose that would make it worth lending them out temporarily.

Stormchild    10

Dear 3327,

I am interested in purchasing some high quality weapons. I am especially interested in swords and armor of medieval design. As the exact process of manufacturing is important, I would like to send an agent to your factory in order to discuss the specifics. I am able to pay in gold or other valuable resources.

Looking forward to your answer,

yours sincerely,

The Plague

I would be in for that, and I could play the Faceless Court in their complete incarnation (there are some changes I've made for them for this campaign), though if you want I can come up with another one.

Wakshaani    10

Still have a long way to go in this one, so, don't get too cocky. Core Earth has yet to fight back and 3327 remains unseen. ... or DOES he?!

*bum bum bummmm*

Catstacker    10

Yeah, it could take a year for us to be finished this one, after which I'm going to need a hiatus and time to rework the rules, after we've formed some conclusions about this game.

Stormchild    10

After my first major blunders, I am wondering how the zones are calculated. What are the conditions for a zone to become dominant instead of mixed? Obviously it has to do with the equation of population to invading armies. How do defending armies fit into the calculation?

Wakshaani    10

Yeah, I managed to have a few of my forces wander off their zones before natives had flipped enough to hold it, so, my zones went back to Mixed, which I should have seen coming.

There's something about flipping a zone that has a TINY population where it'll stay flipped, but I'm not sure of the exacts there. (There's a couple of zones I have that are nothing but water, for example. Once my forces flip those, I don't want to leave 25,000 people just swimming around, you know?) I guess experimentation will reveal if the empty nests will stay "charged" with energy after the fact. They might go pure, I dunno.

Stormchild    10

I have fallen twice in consecutive rounds to that fumble. My advisors don't seem to grab the intricacies of reality mechanics. Fortunately, I have enough advisors to compensate for the losses of their heads. And I still can use the late advisors to lead my undead troops.

The Plague

Wakshaani    10

Yeah, I can see that there'll be some pain required, now, in havnig to leave at least one army in every zone you have, at least until the locals flip enough to let you march forward. You bigger High Lords are going to need twenty armies, just to hold your territory! Yikes!