Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catstacker

The invasion begins June 15

72 posts in this topic

The glorious Nile Empire bids on Agra, India.

There must be somewhere round there that will make a suitable palace.

(Pah, bids... it WILL BE MINE!)

Still no one interested in Prague? Then, Aysle stays true to its former declaration: 1 Poss on Prague.

Baruk Kaah wishes to bring the joyous wonder of the Living Land to the dismal village of Slough (outside the M25) in England. (1 possibility bid)

The Faceless King can see that the perfect place to land is Rio Abiseo, Peru, and will bid accordingly. The large number of nearby towns and the proximity of the rich biomass of the rainforest will provide all the resources needed for the invasion.

Although I will think about looking elsewhere if Europe looks like it is going to be crowded.

Still no one interested in Prague? Then, Aysle stays true to its former declaration: 1 Poss on Prague.

Baruk Kaah wishes to bring the joyous wonder of the Living Land to the dismal village of Slough (outside the M25) in England. (1 possibility bid)

...and that makes Europe look too crowded. St Patrick's Cathedral, NYC, NY.

That was just what I was thinking. Although you were probably in the best position of the three in Europe, this move gives you a free hand in America, and the two in Asia were just sitting a little too easily watching that triumvirate in Europe.

I'm not sure if it's part of Wakshaani's strategy to see where everyone else's starting position is before he commits himself, but he's the only one left to declare a starting point. I've sent an email to Wakshaani, and as soon as he declares a starting point, and assuming no one else wants a different spot, everyone can start to plan their stelae locations and army maneuvers.

I started a map in Google Earth to keep track of all this, but I see that the map posted in the Core Earth thread isn't showing any of my placemarks. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I might have to make a different map for public viewing if I can't figure it out. If you want to collaborate on this map, send me your email and I'll add you to the list of collaborators.

I want to correct my placement a little bit if this is still possible. I don't have the coordinates for it but if necessary will provide them later. I wish to land my first maelstrom bridge not directly in the city of Prague but rather in its vicinity. I hope to start my invasion from castle Karlstejn which is located 33 km west of Prague. My agents discovered this to be the ideal place for my proxy High Lord Tolwyn to be seated.

I hope the other esteemed High Lords do understand that I won't reveal my plans before I know exactly where my part of the invasion starts. When this is clear I will gladly elaborate on my plans as befits an evil mastermind as myself.

The Plague

Prefix: Now my magicians could provide me with a glimpse on my future castle. You can find it here .

No problem, I fixed the location on the Core Earth map. Everyone's sites are changable until June 14.

I'm not sure if it's part of Wakshaani's strategy to see where everyone else's starting position is before he commits himself, but he's the only one left to declare a starting point. I've sent an email to Wakshaani, and as soon as he declares a starting point, and assuming no one else wants a different spot, everyone can start to plan their stelae locations and army maneuvers.

Sorry, missed the email! Just got it.

Er. I mean.

FOOLS!!! You DARE to interrupt the Gaunt man's experiments?!

Harumph.

Teh Gaunt Man bids 1 possibility on the island of Haiti/Dominican Republic, with a Maelstrom Bridge to land in the hills of Port Au Prince. The Hotel Olofson has held two rulers in its day, I can see that, with some proper remodeling, that it will be ready for a third.

The Gaunt Man always surprises. I thought you would go to Africa or Australia. Instead you chose a place I never even thought about, though it is that obvious. The new Papa Doc?

The Gaunt Man always surprises. I thought you would go to Africa or Australia. Instead you chose a place I never even thought about, though it is that obvious. The new Papa Doc?

Oh, I assure you, there're many more surprises in store. The hard part is that I have to run three levels of invasion at the same time, so, expect the Gaunt Man to be spread a little ... thin. :D

Otherwise, yes, Australia looks tempting, but has a compressed population mixed with wide swaths of sand. Africa is just huge... even our Nile Empire didn't o there! Trying to take Africa is going to be monumental based on size alone. South America's not as large, and looks to be the sole province of our Faceless Friend. I admit to having had some intrest in the region, but, conflict with another high lord's never a good idea, so, expect little there.

Magna Verita taking on the United States all by itself, and starting in New York? Bold initiative! I can see danger in that aproach, but I salute the maneuver and wish it well.

India and China look to be bump-worthy in short order, while Europe will be carved up nicely... I wonder which lays claim to Russia?

South America's not as large, and looks to be the sole province of our Faceless Friend. I admit to having had some intrest in the region, but, conflict with another high lord's never a good idea, so, expect little there.

A wise decision Gaunt Man. Perhaps you will escape my wrath for now, as long as you stay away from my territory.

A wise decision Gaunt Man. Perhaps you will escape my wrath for now, as long as you stay away from my territory.

That would entirely depend on where your territory intends to expand, I'd think.

Do contact me as soon as possible so that our 'travel plans' won't intersect, won't you?

... and if either of you are heading north for the winter may I suggest packing a nice heavy coat and some rosery beads.

India and China look to be bump-worthy in short order...

Now, now Mr. Man, I'm certain you can how unwise it might be to waste our scare resources bumping heads in China, when there so much to be had elsewhere. But of course you do. And since it is not my preferred way meet rushing animal with all my might, head on, I'm afraid that I would be forced to drag you into a two and perhaps three front conflict.

No, we don't want that, do we?

... and if either of you are heading north for the winter may I suggest packing a nice heavy coat and some rosery beads.

Quite warm here at the equator, thank you. Cold's bad for my joints.

As I remain a generous man, I further bequeath to you all of Canada and Siberia. And the entire continent of Antarctica!

The Gaunt Man, caring and sharing.

Now, now Mr. Man, I'm certain you can how unwise it might be to waste our scare resources bumping heads in China, when there so much to be had elsewhere. But of course you do. And since it is not my preferred way meet rushing animal with all my might, head on, I'm afraid that I would be forced to drag you into a two and perhaps three front conflict.

No, we don't want that, do we?

Ah, you misunderstand, my mathematically-inclined friend, I say not that it was 'bump worthy' in teh sense that it was somewhere that I would choose to project my power, but, rather, that the two forces that exist there might soon be 'bumping into' one another.

An observation, not a calculation, rest assured. My eyes remain on a wholely different prize.

Ah, you misunderstand, my mathematically-inclined friend, I say not that it was 'bump worthy' in teh sense that it was somewhere that I would choose to project my power, but, rather, that the two forces that exist there might soon be 'bumping into' one another.

An observation, not a calculation, rest assured. My eyes remain on a wholely different prize.

Please, accept my apology for the terrible misunderstanding. I feel that I may have wounded your honor, and I will be forced to relive that grave insult as you continue to poor your good and noble graces on us, your humble allies, in the future. My guilt overoverflows. [bow]

If everything goes according to plan, I have the first three months planned out, barring casualties, rebellions, and so forth. This would put us on par with "Boxed Set basics", which is about as far as I can possibly plan ahead. Setbacks will, of course, occur, throwing quite the spanner into the works, but, good commanders learn to work around such things.

I worry about the slow expansion pace (Only dropping 14 Stelae in 12 weeks isn't a scorching speed!), but, I was also working on 13 PU a turn, which won't always be the case, clearly.

Anyone else have some early steps mapped out?

Of course I have. The stelae are already placed on my magical globe for this earth but I won't give away anything as I am none of those so-called "evil masterminds" who can't wait to boast about their plans before they are in motion and unstoppable.

The Plague

My plans, like myself, are able to adapt for any contingency. I will keep a close eye on the activities of you other High Lords. I find your beliefs in the value of deception refreshing, but I will make myself clear. All this pleasantness aside we are all here for the same purpose, and I will destroy anyone or anything that attempts to invade my realms or stand in the way of my conquests.

Sir Gaunt Man, I like the respect in your tone and believe we may come to an arrangement. However I am not going to reveal my plans now. I do look forward to your continuing respect in the future, and I will leave you you're islands as long as you stay out of my way.

I offer the same understanding to the rest of you. As long as I am left unopposed I see no reason why I should have to expend my forces in combat with you when there are so many pathetic humans left to enslave. But I assure you all that if one of you turns agains me, I will destroy you.

I just want to say that I'm very impressed with everyone's contributions so far.

I know Hellsreach is out of action until teh 29th (Or so 3327 wants us to believe!) but has anyone heard anything from Punjab? He missed his first turn, and now with the boards hopping to a new site, he might not know how to find us.

Heck, I only found teh new site by pure luck (And I lost all my old PMs, like access to my personal map, ack!), but, I'm rolling it out again.

Yeah, took me a few tries to find it too.

The Core Earth map has the first moves from Magna Verita on, so he kicked off at least.

If you log in to your google account (or create one with the same email address / add the email address you gave to Catstacker) you might be able to find it from 'My maps' section in Google maps.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0