D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
mbentley

Grrr...

Due to a recent move I've lost all my D6 books, which included the corebooks, all the Star Wars D6 books, the old D6 corebook, Herc and Xena and MiB. Just have to wait for the Open D6 stuff to come out. No real point. Just feeling frustrated.

Due to a recent move I've lost all my D6 books, which included the corebooks, all the Star Wars D6 books, the old D6 corebook, Herc and Xena and MiB. Just have to wait for the Open D6 stuff to come out. No real point. Just feeling frustrated.

I know Hellsreach (Eric) has the books you mentioned. Maybe you could pm him and buy them directly for him.

Sadly, this my one fear about the move I am in the middle of, having a tub fall off the truck or getting into an accident and losing something. :( The rest is just work. :P

I know Hellsreach (Eric) has the books you mentioned. Maybe you could pm him and buy them directly for him.

Alas the money just isn't there to replace them. Life moves on. I just needed to vent for a moment :D

This is why I like PDFs. If properly backed up, they are virtually unloseable.

Yeah, but PDFs you can't hold in your hand or read in the living room while watching TV and no computer around. Not to sound like a totally ANTI-PDF person, because I do like them, they just aren't the same.

Yeah, but PDFs you can't hold in your hand or read in the living room while watching TV and no computer around. Not to sound like a totally ANTI-PDF person, because I do like them, they just aren't the same.

When I bought my PDF of D6 Space, I went to a friend's apartment to get a printout. He only charged me about ten bucks. Unfortunately, I'm no longer in that building, so if I can find him again and get him to print something for me it would probably cost more.

It's a good thing I did, given that most of D6 Space is open content and just what I need for certain projects.

I'm going to move this to the Lounge as it's not necessary to be in this particular discussion area. Carry on!

And sorry to hear about the loss of the books. That's an "ouch!" if I ever heard one. :eek:

I can understand the move.

Yeah it's a pretty crappy situation. Heck I even lost all my unisystem books which has been my go to system for a while. Before the move I had been starting to think about running a D6 game (used to run it back when it was just Star Wars, although I did use it for a wide variety of stuff back then) and put it with my box of books marked important. Wouldn't ya know that'd be the one to vanish.

So was this a "self move" or were you using a moving company?

Family and Friends were helping. I think what happened was the box got placed in a pile of stuff going out to the garbage. Since stuff got put into a closet for a while until things got settled I didn't notice right away.

mbentley,

I can understand "the money just isn't there to replace them" as I had most of my old collection in storage and my brother told me well after he had let it lapse that my stuff was sold at auction. :mad: *BIG SIGH* :( Thankfully time has been better to me since then and I have replaced most of what I cared too.

Plenty of book sized devices (even laptops) that will read digital files, I have a few PDAs for such needs. :D

mbentley,

I can understand "the money just isn't there to replace them" as I had most of my old collection in storage and my brother told me well after he had let it lapse that my stuff was sold at auction. :mad: *BIG SIGH* :( Thankfully time has been better to me since then and I have replaced most of what I cared too.

Well glad you were able to replace what you needed too. In time I will too, I'm sure. Just frustrating in the mean time.

Plenty of book sized devices (even laptops) that will read digital files, I have a few PDAs for such needs. :D

PDFs for me are fine if I just want to find some information, but if I really want to sit back and enjoy something, be it fiction or an RPG, nothing beats a physical book. I'm just slightly old fashioned that way. :D

Man sorry to hear about your loss that really sux.

I have all my pdfs on my computer, But I have two flash drives with copies for backups.

My very first PDFs I ever got were on a SD card that was stolen along with my camera. SO now im paranoid about it.

Just to derail this thread a little, has anyone picked up, or planning to pick up the Kindle/Kindle 2?

My wife and I were thinking about getting a kindle two. We buy a lot of books. In just two or three months it would pay for its self if you look at how much new release hard bounds cost now.

But quality concerns and price has kept us on the fence here lately.

The fact that you can send pdfs to it that get reformated to its form is an option that sounds great. I know of an RPG publisher who did a main rule book for kindle. Down side was it doesnt do tables. which is hard for a lot of systems.